Payment Pending Scam

Basildene

I've been using PP since it arrived in Britain, as its the only preferred partner for EBay there's no chance of using anything else.  All has been fine until today.

I sold an Iphone and noticed the payment was pending. I contacted the buyer asking why their payment was pending, it turns out PP can hold your money until the customer leaves positive feedback.

A quick calculation - say 1000 people have 'high value' transactions, PP will be making the interest on HALF A MILLION for seven days ! nice work if you can get it !.

I checked with our Co legal eagle, she says in English Common Law there is no president for a business acting as a banker to withhold funds from a seller but it seems PP can do what they want effectively stealing my interest for a whole week, its not a lot to them but its a lot to me.

So be careful when using PP, if you can get cash or a bank transfer you will be a lot safer as a seller and stand a chance of receiving your funds within a reasonable period of time - I've put this on Facebook to my 2000+ followers -  I'm off down the soup kitchen now as PP have my food money ...ho hum

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

1stdigla
Contributor
Contributor

STOP treat us the sellers as A froud, we working hard for our money. PP takes a nice cut from our earnings which is fine. Dont try to teach us about policy and rules.  Go try to sell somthing and then will see. 

Login to Me Too

Cranie4
New Community Member

I just made a sale today for 2300.00

Buyer paid instantly and I shipped. Paypal has a "Pending Balance" on the money. I call. They tell me they don't know WHY, everything looks ok,  and that I'm a VIP member (since 2001). BUT the rep can't remove the hold so it will have to go to a supervisor. So they transfer me. I've now been on hold for 2 hours. I don't see this ending well.

Login to Me Too

moorcroft58
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck I don't trust PayPal
Login to Me Too

1stdigla
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Cranie4.

i hear you same with me power seller since 2009 no issues or problems all 100% .

With PP and ebay for 2 days. $ 1880 sale.  I cannot give any advice. You a victm like me and many other for this rip off .

Get legal help and record your conversations with them. 

Probably they holding the money so there stock at the wall street will go high.

Open the news.

Look whos replying to you, its a " volounteers"

Login to Me Too

kerirobinl
Contributor
Contributor

Look Your policy of "New Seller"....blah blah blah is not needed when the buyer receives, is satisfied, pays and tracks...Do you do this because of why?  Just to do it?  When the buyer is satisfied and all other criteria are met then what reason is there for holding a persons money? 

The only party I have found who needs to establish credibility is PayPal.  You are the only party to my transaction who is not fulfilling their role.  I'm telling you, I made a big mistake by not doing my homework on your company.  I would never have use you and I sure wont do this **bleep** again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.