Payment Pending Scam

Basildene

I've been using PP since it arrived in Britain, as its the only preferred partner for EBay there's no chance of using anything else.  All has been fine until today.

I sold an Iphone and noticed the payment was pending. I contacted the buyer asking why their payment was pending, it turns out PP can hold your money until the customer leaves positive feedback.

A quick calculation - say 1000 people have 'high value' transactions, PP will be making the interest on HALF A MILLION for seven days ! nice work if you can get it !.

I checked with our Co legal eagle, she says in English Common Law there is no president for a business acting as a banker to withhold funds from a seller but it seems PP can do what they want effectively stealing my interest for a whole week, its not a lot to them but its a lot to me.

So be careful when using PP, if you can get cash or a bank transfer you will be a lot safer as a seller and stand a chance of receiving your funds within a reasonable period of time - I've put this on Facebook to my 2000+ followers -  I'm off down the soup kitchen now as PP have my food money ...ho hum

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Basildene

New seller hold that every new seller goes through.
Positive feedback is not one of the criteria for early release of funds.

Info in link below.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/ebay-payments-learn-more

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ronin702
Contributor
Contributor

what is going on with Paypal? .Im a buyer,and i cannot make the decision for the payment after delivery option ,Paypal makes it for me .I set aside and kept $154.00 specifically for a purchase in my Paypal account which THEY decided it would be a paid after delivery and a another two weeks after the delivery,Really? For what purpose ? Even when they pulled the amount it was from my local checking account insteas of my Paypal account.&^%$#@#$%^ The trouble I am having right now with a paypal seller sending me the wrong item twice they (Paypal ) pull this crap? I should have never opened a dispute involving Paypal! Nexy I withdrew my $154. out of my Paypal account to cover my electric bill and rent (meager income) so that takes 3 to 5 days REALLY?I really wonder what Paypal is up to? got off the phone earlier with customer service,and about cussed her out but hung up before I did! they can pull funds from the wrong account to do so ,and not the right one immediately but takes 3to 5 days to fund it? I told the girl that it was TYRANNY. Pay pal helped me initially to regain $195.from a sale. and did a great service for me but this latest incident is very bad and will make me late for my bills because of insufficient funds,Hows that one?!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ronin702

Pay after delivery ONLY works via your bank account. As its a scheduled payment they can only do that via your bank account.

If you turn OFF PAD you should be able to use funds in your paypal account balance.

It takes 3-5 days to transfer a '''normal'' paypal payment from your bank account as paypal use electronic and not wire transfer BUT they normally credit the seller first for you so paypal takes the wait for the funds to arrive and not you and you get your item more quickly.

Not sure why paypal are to blame because you did not realise how the system worked.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ronin702
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Kernowlass,

Under a lot of stress and multiple problems with wrong items being sent from  reputable company in Great Britain .Just getting back on my feet after serious bicycle accident and due to changes with inactivity for 3 years due to that,I'm coming out of the abyss, of poverty and homelessness sdded to that  and many changes to Paypal  and weird things going on here in the USA .did not see a OFF PAD. will look into that  and correct that.Thanks for you advice seems pretty rough for seller's according to whats going on, irregardless .

Login to Me Too

moorcroft58
Contributor
Contributor
Sounds like you've had a tough time I hope things improve good luck
Login to Me Too

ronin702
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Kernowlass, I wanted to thank you and my problem was resolved with a quickness !Thank You PayPal ! I did not expect such a quick resolution .and it was taken care of .I would like to become a seller once I get back on my feet .And that will take me about a month.Despite my medical issue's (bicycle accident) and a warning to fellow bicyclists here in Daytona Beach,Ormond ,Port Orange, Holly Hill, The police are unbelievably corrupt. and ruthless and are to blame . Do not come here to vacation ,Go to Brevard county instead of Volusia county for your own safety and well being It is much nicer anyway . Please take heed .

Login to Me Too

moorcroft58
Contributor
Contributor

This is a scam for paypal to hold on to your money,in my case 2500 pounds is pending even though my buyer has left me posative feedback

Paypal should be ashamed of themselfs i needed this money to pay a bill this is why i sold my goods thanks to paypal i am now late making an important payment 

Thanks a lot Paypal 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moorcroft58

New seller hold that every new seller goes through.
Positive feedback is not one of the criteria for early release of funds.

And maybe you should consider that without paypal its unlikely you would have sold your items in the first place.

I would never send funds to a stranger without paypal buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

moorcroft58
Contributor
Contributor
Feedback may not be a criteria but it means that buyer has received and is happy with goods PayPal need to protect buyer and seller 21 days holding on to people's money is ridiculous especially when seller has a thousand posative feedbacks and no negative
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.