PayPal won't recognize RBC Bank Georgia as an American Bank (Can't Add Card/Account)

MatthewWH
Contributor
Contributor

I have to say, first, that PayPal customer service has been the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. Their agents are friendly and seem to care, but they must be inadequately trained and ill-equipped or simply unable to deal with issues.

I am a Canadian and I have accounts with RBC Bank of Canada and their US counterpart - RBC Bank (Georgia), which is a 'full-on' American bank...not simply a Canadian bank with a branch in the US. I know others who have the exact same banking + PayPal setup as me, and they have been able to add their US-based checking account to their Canadian PayPal, yet I have not.

I have called several times. I have tried to contact PayPal and give them feedback in other ways. Their agents have promised follow-up that did not come. Their agents told me I was on 'a list' and that this 'list' is being reviewed by technical support agents who may eventually fix the errors which are stopping me from adding the US based account.

Nothing has worked. I have still not been able to add the account.

AND...I have been on hold for more than 20 minutes now, because I am apparantely being 'forwarded to a supervisor'...but I am 95% certain that they are simply hoping that I will give up.

Seriously, the worst customer service experience I have ever had.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ketch
New Community Member

Been trying the same thing.

It's Brutal.

I've tried all the steps others have done and not been successful.

Login to Me Too

MatthewWH
Contributor
Contributor

If you do have the same setup as I've described, it's going to be painful, but you can get them to fix it if you stick to your guns and argue with them on the phone. The issue is apparently related to security. It's got nothing to do with how you're setting it all up.

Mine was finally connected but I needed to get a higher level rep on the phone. She was able to confirm my identity, ownership of the card, and then override something on their end.

Sorry that I can't be of more help. I'm not exactly sure what it was that she did, but it is possible. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.