PayPal will not refund my credit

Contributor
Contributor

I have always heard of problems with Paypal although I never paid much attention. I have used Paypal for more than 15 years to accept payment for various things. I have never asked to have money sent to me because there is usually nothing left after my shopping purchases.

Now the problems have gotten to me. I recently asked for $1500 in my Paypal account to be refunded to me. They have refused unless I send them my bank statement with my full address, account number, social security number and a copy of my Drivers license. This information was provided to them many, many years ago. Sounds fishy doesn't it?

So I called Paypal to report this scam but......it was them who sent the request to insure it was me who wants the money. I explained to them I had no intention of sending confidential information that they already have electronically or any other way. I offered to send my back statement with my the name of my bank, account number and my name and address but I would black out all other confidential information. I was told it would not be accepted.

Long story short PayPal has refused to refund my money for 180 days since I will not provide this information. I have called repeatedly. I have sent emails that PayPal promises to return within 24 hours and have gotten no response.

What to do? I can't go get it and they will not send it to me. As one representative said to me "lady that is just the way it is, you provide the information or you cannot have the money".

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@111111222222333

You either provide the info and get the funds or you don't, nothing else we can say really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.