PayPal unresponsive to emails and shipping queries

makaio
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm just expressing a couple of frustrations here, and hoping that both will be fixed.

The first is that when I send an email to PayPal via their website, I get a confirmation that in part reads "One of our representatives will be responding to you within 24 hours". This is not a true statement, and my concern is not with the 24 hour claim. My issue is that more than half of my emails are simply outright ignored by PayPal.

So it would be helpful for PayPal to drop the response claim. If you're never going to get back to people, don't bother to tell them that you will.

Secondly, I recently found Priority Mail International customs form multiplication problems when completing two label transactions; the first of them was voided due to the problem. The problem is tied to a quantity line entry operating on weight and value line entries in unnecessary and inconsistent ways. Usually with other label services, these are just manual entries with no mathematical operators. I will not describe the problem further, since I believe it is PayPal's responsibility to understand their process problem and fix it.

And therein lies the rub. Emailing or calling PayPal results in either a blow-off or reaching an unqualified shipping representative. What's more, PayPal is happy to pawn me off to eBay newbie front-line representatives who understand shipping less than I do. It's pathetic. PayPal offers otherwise great shipping services, but they offer no means to correct bona fide user reported problems, and this is not a concern to anyone reachable. My sense is that eBay and PayPal internal politics are impacting shipping clients, and PayPal management is absent or indifferent to this fact.

If someone qualified at PayPal is listening ... thanks, Matthew

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Emenon
Contributor
Contributor

I too am frustrated that PayPal chooses to take money directly from my Bank Account when processing a debit card so that it can force me to use PayPal again to actually use that money by only issuing a credit to my PayPal account. And when I ask for feedback on how to get my money back and explain why the Major Company's website I want to use that credit for says that they offer a payment by PayPal but won't actually do it, all I get back is a generic reply most of which doesn't fit, but does include an obscure end to the rabbit trail indicating it is now and will forever more be just be stuck in my PayPal account.

Why doesn't PayPal offer the choice to have money returned to a bank account? (are you sure there isn't a Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, or Tooth Fairy?)

Why isn't PayPal interested that a huge retail chain's website indicates it takes PayPal but has that function disabled when you go to complete the order?

Maybe the PayPal CEO should talk to the retailer's CEO at the next benefit gala!

Perhaps PayPal should take Economics 101, Again, and learn that holding up currency is bad for the economy!

Why doesn't ANYONE have the guts to just say, how sad, too bad, never mind, we got it and we are keeping it. Buy something else and shut up. NEXT!

Login to Me Too

makaio
Contributor
Contributor

For clarity, my shipping customs label problem, described in my original post under this topic, was not related to an eBay transaction. It was tied to a non-eBay sale transaction using PayPal for payment and shipping.

Login to Me Too

iSpyDefense
New Community Member

I just printed two non-eBay related International Shipping Labels today and had the same problem with the gross miscalculations. I ended up manually correcting the forms. It was a true waste of time. Additionally, I emailed Customer Support. We shall see if they respond to the email/correct the problem...

Login to Me Too

makaio
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the comment,

If already shipped and if I understand your note correctly on manual corrections, it's a see-what-happens situation. If not, you may want to check with a postal clerk before handing your shipment to their custody.

I was shipping to Germany, a country which I believe to be pretty strict on dotting "i"s and crossing "t"s, and my local postal clerk also indicated concerns with U.S. views on my initial manual corrections. Hence I held up my shipment for a day, voiding the original label, and reworked the second one to fit PayPal's quirks.

Thanks again ... I may try to clarify my post here or start a new one ... this is a silly but real form problem, Matthew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.