PayPal protection is useless

Michele777
New Community Member
Purchased an item and paid through PayPal thinking 'I'm covered if this transaction has problems'... however, I was very wrong. The item I purchased was faulty. I contacted PayPal who provided me with a return to sender address. I returned to an overseas address and supplied PayPal the paperwork to prove I had to pay over $40 AUD to return it. The item was returned to me about 4 weeks later as the address wasn't correct and no business was registered at this address in Canada! I notified PayPal and supplied all tracking, they advised me they could not help me and would not refund my money. I was left with a faulty product costing $200 and a shipping cost of $40. PayPal didn't want to know. Extremely disappointing 😞
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michele777

I would phone customer services again, you did all you could and sent the item back to the address that they supplied, so they should be giving you a refund.

If they don't then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Oldbendix
New Community Member
I bought two sims which lasted for less than half the listed description from Anthony 1985UK then stopped working had no help from Anthony then asked PayPal,they said item was as described! even though it didn't work PAYPAL HAS VERY STRANGE LOGIC ...USELESS!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.