PayPal holding all of my money from Ebay sales

hankins13
New Community Member

These morons at PayPal have really **bleep** up what was a nice way to sell. If I am a new client and I need to build feedback for selling items, how I am I supposed to do that if Paypal holds the money for 21 days and doent even let me have access to the shipping portion of the funds? I am supposed to pay for all of the shipping up front and then just catch my money when they decide to finaly release it? I have poitive feedbacks on items now for days and they still havent relesaed the money. IT seems like a real catch 22 to start up on. IF they keep all of the money how do you pay for the shipping? Why do they need to hold it for 21 days, Surly they are making some type of income off all of those held millions and millions of dollars. Could be a nice class action if enough people can get together and challenge what they are doing with our money. Iam going to look for another selling site and payment platform, these guys have just gotten to big to worry about customer service.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

GMDegen
Contributor
Contributor

here is quoted from the US version link's additional information

How can I get access to my funds faster?

If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help make your payment available sooner:

• If you provide tracking information (UPS, USPS, or FedEx) and we can confirm delivery, your payment should be available three days after we can confirm the delivery date.
    • Pending payments are generally released three days after we can confirm delivery, but sometimes the delivery information takes a bit longer to update. If it’s been three days and your payment is still pending, the information is still processing and the payment should be available soon. Please note that pending payments can’t be released before you meet these requirements.
  • If you don’t upload tracking, but mark the item as shipped on the Transaction Details page, your payment should be available after the item is marked as shipped (seven days for domestic or 14 days for international shipments).  
    • Buyers can also mark the item as received in the Transaction Details page, which will release the payment three days afterwards. The buyer confirmation option will be available after the item has been marked as processed or shipped.
  • If the payment was for a service, mark the payment as processed and your payment should be available in seven days for domestic or 14 days for international payments.
  • If you fulfill the order, but don’t provide any shipping information, your payment should be available after 21 days, as long as your buyer doesn’t report any issues with the transaction.

To help ensure a successful transaction, we always encourage sellers to adhere to the following best practices:

• List successfully by including clear photos with detailed, accurate descriptions of items
  • Be clear about shipping and handling time, costs and methods
  • Ship promptly
  • Upload tracking
  • Define your return policy upfront
  • Communicate with your buyers and respond to inquiries quickly and in a professional manner
  • Review all communications from PayPal

red text highlight to show US informatin given.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GMDegen

ok read your link and see the 3 days thingy BUT that is only if the buyer marks the item as received and if they don't it will still be 7 days after delivery etc

and no being a volunteer advisor just means you have replied and helped a lot of people, i don't represent paypal at all and to be honest is the last company i would want to work for    Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GMDegen
Contributor
Contributor

That's the thing - I Am also past 7 days after dielivery confirmation so even if buyer didn't mark it as received it should be released by what their policy states. I am almost to the 21 days and transaction completed 3 days after the payment processed. It was a short distance and priority mail so they received item very quickly and was reflected in trracking information. Unless maybe the buyer has had a history of bad transactions, I don't see any reason they held just this one payment.

Again I apologize, I haven't used forums here much and thought volunteer advisor was something they put on you. Kudos for helping so many.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GMDegen

If you give customer services a call then they should release your funds for you manually if you have met the criteria for release  >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GMDegen
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! I might try the phone support if it doesn't turn into perpetual music on hold. At this point I only have a couple days of the 21 left so might just wait it out.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You can ask Ebay to release $15 to pay for shipping,go to Ebay and find out how.

21 days hold is for all new Ebay sellers and existing sellers who have been away or sellers who sell outside their  price range .

Since Ebay offers buyer protection,it wants some protection from sellers who may not ship the item.

Upload tracking promptly,once it shows delivered,fund would be released sooner than 21 days.

Login to Me Too

GMDegen
Contributor
Contributor

It wasn't on this sale - but other 2 that same day had a check box to use the for shipping advance pay when purchasing the postage directly on EBay. No having to write and ask etc. which is nice. This sale didn't have it and is the only one payment was held on. Coincidence, or maybe this sale became some kind of technical glitch in general?

Thank you fof the friendly and helpful responses - their volunteer advisors could take a lesson from you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.