PayPal does not let me withdraw my OWN money

listrix
Contributor
Contributor

Got an email saying my account was limited as I've received more than 2500 Euros in this calendar year. They asked me to provide ids and proof of address which I've done and until now they kept on saying they're rejected for no good reason at all. I'm very frustrated as I've spent a lot of time speaking to them on the phone (with not much solution advised), not being able to withdraw my own money, not getting good reason of why my id is not valid even after explaining a logic reason to them. Just very frustrated as there's noone from Paypal I can discuss about it with. It comes to the thought that it seems like it's a trick they do so they can keep our money for some certain time (up to ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT DAYS!!!) . I never had any problem verifying my account and id, but why this one is so difficult? What's going on? They keep on saying it's final decision, but they forgot to mention "UNFAIR" in between those final decision words.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@listrix

If you have not provided the correct documents that they will accept then not a lot you can do about it.

Oh and its not 108 days, its normally 180 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

listrix
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

It's 180 days, yes, was so anxious that made me typed it wrong.... LOL

Well, it's finally sorted when I got to the point where I got enough of it even thinking of just letting the money go. Whoever made effort to bring this matter up should be blessed because it seemed like noone care before. 

Basically, my id was all ok but maybe since they never had any case like mine before then it took a bit of time for them study it... (my surname is not mentioned in my id as I got them from marriage and id is not due to be renewed yet.) 

Login to Me Too

unkledonkey951
Contributor
Contributor
You definitely sound like you work for PayPal. If you don't then you should apply.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Gees, how about having proper ID that need no explanation. Sure you withdraw your own money after it gets out of PayPal jail in 180 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

listrix
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker

Apparently it's not possible at the moment (long story) but all ids were valid and acceptable. It's all sorted anyway. 🙂

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@listrix

Heheh, okay cool.  Glad everything is resolved. Smiley Wink

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

unkledonkey951
Contributor
Contributor
Condescending attitude with no solution
Login to Me Too

mkhalil
Contributor
Contributor

Lucky you, same here , no explanation, every time I call or email, a typical reply is it will be resolved within 48 hours, today eventually someone mentioned to me that it was rejected by another department, why ? no one knows

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.