PayPal Stole Money Out Of My Account

mirofoss
Contributor
Contributor

I had an issue with a buyer. The short story is the buyer made multiple purchases from my Ebay store. On the second purchase everything went smoothly back in August. After two months the buyer decides to 'Charge back' because she does not reconize the payment on her credit card; so of course PayPal takes the money out of my account and puts it to 'pending'. After doing all of the investigation work for PayPal which included copies of sales receipts, screen captures of emails with the buyer.... It turns out the buyer received the items and everything was okay. She simply noticed the transaction on her bill with called "admin@paypal" and it came out almost two months after the orginal sale. She therefore called her credit card company and stopped the payment.

So I provided all the evidence for PayPal and they basically said I was a good customer... Good standing.... Blah Blah Blah.. They asked if I had proof of shipment. I scanned the receipts and customs bills from the post office and sent them to the claims email. Now they tell me that I didn't provide proof of shipping and they took my money out of the account, plus a $20.00 chargeback fee. How can they do this when I followed their instructions and sent all the information they wanted? I cannot believe that I am out the purchase price of the items, the shipping cost of the items, AND a twenty dollar fee! I tried to go through the resolution centre and there is no way I can attach the pdf of my scanned post office receipts because they closed the case... I understand PayPal is one of the only ways to do business now, but how does this help people when you can just suck money out of the account without even a phone call or proper email. This is absolute garbage! I know I am a small business and I am not clearing thousands of dollars a month so I may not matter to PayPal, but this is absolutely horrendous customer service and customer policy.

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

stuartbrown
Contributor
Contributor

Same here ,thats nexactly what I have done offered paypal with extra shipping charges, first  two sales paid check , No paypal

Great!!!!

Login to Me Too

Davywavy
New Community Member
PayPal has put my account in hold I can not pay my suppliers or get my customers the products they ordered when I called they said it was because I had gone over my monthly limit in purchase and will not release my funds I'm currently working with square to get my customers the goods they ordered never will I ever recommend these crooks to anyone they have put my business in a very bad way
Login to Me Too

Naterman
Contributor
Contributor
I wasn't even selling a product to someone when they locked money up in my account. A friend had someone attempt to hack his account and in a knee jerk reaction PayPal suspended all his recent transactions, including those he sent to me. Money is back on my account now, but I don't run a business. I was caused more than a few problems
Login to Me Too

ignajera91
Contributor
Contributor

Hey. Same thing happened to me. Guy from eBay purchased an online digital code for an XBOX game. He used the code then claimed the purchased was unauthorized. Long story short, he won, they gave him the money back and still used my code. I provided proof that I sent him code. Didnt matter. I hate paypal now. I dont trust them. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.