PayPal Resolution Center associate comments.

Sparrow18
Contributor
Contributor

While I certainly understand, PayPal Resolution Center associates, are bombarded with many, many cases, accuracy in writing exactly what a buyer stated, rather than an "interpretation" by a rep, would be a bit more professional.

I stated, clearly and accurately: I received the entire order, which consisted of 15 pieces of custom made, ladies bottoms (patiala) and 2 pairs of chappals (handmade Indian sandels). One pair of the chappals was defective (gave SKU number of defective item, as well). The stitching went through the sole of the sandel, rather than being between the bottom of the sandal and the sole.

Below, is what the Resolution Center associate, wrote in the claim:

I received everything, the ladies bottoms (15 pieces) that were custom made, which are fine, and the size 8 shoes for $31.27 USD. These shoes are falling apart and I haven't even worn them. The stitching is horrible and it makes the sandals defective.

Additionally, I very specifically gave the associate the exact item number of the item and clearly stated, the rest of the order was received and correct.

Toward the end of the conversation, I thought I heard the associate state, the order would be refunded in FULL. 

I asked her to repeat the comment and she again stated, the same, this time including the entire order amount.

There were 17 pieces in the order and only ONE was defective, yet the associate haphazardly, was going to refund an entire order, for a single item. 

The seller, I purchased from, in this case, is a good and honest seller, based in India, whom I had ordered from previously and will likely continue using as a supplier.  

I was extremely embarrassed by the associate's egregious comments and apologized several times to the seller, for the error.

Please teach your reps to pay attention to the details and not write or act on what they "interpret" a problem to be.

I closed the case and worked things out with the seller.

Forum trolls need not respond. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sparrow18

Or maybe READ up on paypal buyer protection so you are aware of what is and what is not offered.

You can indeed ''work things out'' with the seller during the dispute phase.

But once escalated to a claim paypal don't deal in part returns or part refunds.

They offer you a full refund on return of the FULL order ONLY.

If you don't want to do that then you can sort things out yourself like you did.

Suggest YOU pay attention to detail not the rep.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sparrow18
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a  PayPal Business account for over 10 years and as both a buyer and seller, am quite familiar with PP policies.

The claim was oiginally opened as an INR and changed to NAD. There was no option for me to rewrite what the associate wrote. 

In any event, customer service associates, should LISTEN to what is being stated and not "interpret."

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sparrow18

Well presumably they did listen and then told you the ONLY thing they can do which is a full refund on return of all the goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sparrow18
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for another unhelpful comment. Another associate clarified the error in a follow-up email to the seller, apologizing for the initial associate. Partial refunds are normal.

Considering my original post is directed to PayPal "feedback" and you are not a PayPal associate, perhaps you can find another poster to help.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sparrow18

Partial refunds are normal.

Partial refunds are normal during the dispute stage OR if the seller agrees with the buyer a private arrangement.

But if a dispute is found in favour of the buyer then a full refund is made only on return of all of the order.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.