PayPal Representatives won't help me after both parties messed up!!!!!!!!!!!

shammo
New Community Member

I listed my item on eBay to sale and received a payment from the buyer. The buyer was actually a scammer who was using PayPal email addresses to pose as PayPal stating the money was removed from this persons account and showed the eBay confirmation ticket in the email. So I had went ahead and shipped the package using USPS. The next day I call PayPal asking hey should I be worried the funds aren't in my account I sold my item and just want to check that I'm going to receive my money. The PayPal representative told me that hey don't worry everything is fine and the money should be there by Monday. Then I call back 2 days later since there was still no activity and get a different representative and she told me hey this email is not from us please do not send this package out or call the usps to stop the package. By that time the individual had already received the item and I called PayPal back furious because one of their representatives told me everything was fine and not to worry instead of actually checking the situation. Now the item is with the scammer and I could've stopped the transaction if they had actually did the work. Now PayPal won't help or assist me in anyway with what has occurred with the whole situation and need to have better procedures for events like this were it could have been prevented . If anyone knows anything I could do or how to help me out please let me know . thank you !

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shammo

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.