PayPal Global Reseller Company Known as Webinterpret

BarryL
Contributor
Contributor

We received a call from someone claiming to represent PayPal asking if we would be interested in selling our products Internationally using a PayPal program called Webinterpret. They put up a version of your web site in various languages and take the orders through PayPal. They use the PayPal logo and claim to be a PayPal company in Europe. They ask that we ship our orders to a central receiving facility in Folcroft, PA and they send the packages on to the International customers, taking responsibility for all the shipments reaching the customers.

We have used this PayPal Global Reseller program through Webinterpret for about 4 months and it has been a real pain in the neck. The customers are charged a shipping/handling fee that is over and above the normal domestic shipping cost for us to send the packages to the Webinterpret facility in Folcroft, Pennsylvania.  The customers tend to be very upset because the shipping takes much longer than anticipated. Several of the packages going from Folcroft, PA never made it to the customer's address, and Webinterpret does not take responsibility for those lost packages. It has been quite clear that some of the packages were not delivered, were lost or went to the wrong country, and yet their staff is quick to close the tickets and say that the issue has been resolved. We have escalated the issues up the ladder and those that have responded told us that we would receive a refund. Thus far we have yet to be refunded for any of the lost packages and are now owed over $330 USD. At first we could not understand why the refunds were not showing up in our PayPal account, but now it appears that Webinterpret has no intention of ever refunding the money they owe to us and our customers for the lost packages.

They represented to us that they were a PayPal company and sent us emails with the PayPal logo. I questioned their being affiliated with PayPal and they said they were upset by that and would take it up with the VP of PayPal. It would seem that either PayPal needs to hold their affiliates accountable or not allow them to represent that they are a PayPal company. If they are truly affiliated with PayPal, then the company should ensure that they reimburse businesses and issue timely refunds.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

WI_WebInterpret
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Barry,

Webinterpret is an active member of the PayPal forum and we have taken the liberty to reply to you comment. We hope you don’t mind.

We appreciate the time you’ve taken to provide the feedback and we are genuinely sorry to hear that you are not happy with our service.

We have confirmed with our customer care team that your refund is currently being processed and should reach your account shortly.

We apologise for the challenges you have experienced with our shipping services and the difficulties it might have caused to your business. Our shipping services have a delivery rate of 98% and it is very unfortunate, that you have been among the extremely slim number of business where deliveries stumbled upon some challenges, due to a number of factors.

We would like to stress that Webinterpret is not part of PayPal, but an official partner. In Partnership with PayPal we provide the Global Sellers Program which reduces the barriers to international retail for thousands of online merchants.

Once again thank you for your feedback. It will be taken on board and it will help us improve for the future.

Best regards,
The Webinterpret Team

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If it is not a Paypal company,then why is it allowed to use the Paypal logo ,giving the false impression that it is part of Paypal?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@WI_WebInterpret

We would like to stress that Webinterpret is not part of PayPal, but an official partner. In Partnership with PayPal we provide the Global Sellers Program which reduces the barriers to international retail for thousands of online merchants.

----------------------------------------

what role does PAYPAL play in this partnership.besides processing client payments?

Login to Me Too

WI_WebInterpret
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all,

Thank you for your comments. As already mentioned in one of our previous posts, the solution is provided in cooperation with PayPal and all our materials are co-branded; they feature both the PayPal and the Webinterpret logos.

Thanks to this partnership, we are able to to ensure one of the safest and fastest payment methods available on the market, while helping merchants worldwide to grow their business. Further details about the program are available in the PayPal announcement:

https://www.paypal.com/stories/us/paypal-global-sellers-removes-barriers-to-selling-internationally

If there are any further questions or you’d like to sign up to the program, then get in touch with us directly.

All the best,
The Webinterpret Team

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I READ so and so have been hired or join the board,but where is the announcement pertaining to your firm and Paypal?

Login to Me Too

BarryL
Contributor
Contributor

The message received by email when questioning the relationship with PayPal was the following:

"This comprehensive international solution is offered as part of the PayPal Global Sellers program." I was initially provided with a link to show their relationship with PayPal and the link did not work. After realizing that the linke did not work, and I continued to question the relationship, I was told to go to this URL:  https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/global-sellers

I was also sent to https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/third-parties-list to show that Webinterpret was officially a PayPal solution. I was originally contacted by someone at PayPal and after responding with interest they had someone at Webinterpret sell me on their program.

Most customers making purchases have difficulty understanding that their packages go first to Folcroft, Pennsylvania before they are mailed to their own address. We received a lot of email from confused customers. Even though they would send email to the customer telling them how to track their packages, most customers never truly understood the method of delivery. We spent far too much time trying to keep the end customers happy. Postal deliveries to international locations are totally unreliable and very slow. When you add in that the packages went first to Pennsylvania, it further slows the process of delivery. We were told that all packages were insured for losses, and even after we reported problems with the deliveries, they had a process of first giving a flip explanation for why the packages were not delivered, then closed they closed the ticket asking us afterwards to agree and say that we were satisfied (or not satisfied) even though the issue was not resolved. The only thing to do in order to keep the ticket open was to say we were not satisfied. This sets up a cycle of discontent as we get hit with email from customers looking for their packages as we try to track them and keep the ticket open. Then when Webinterpret staff finally admit that the package was declared as lost, they stalled for weeks not reimbursing us for the loss. Many customers would get upset waiting for packages and cancel while the orders were making their way slowly to the customer. It took posting our thoughts and making an official complaint through PayPal to eventually get reimbursed.

The customers think they are ordering from a local web store in their respective country because the site uses their local language and currency. They don't really pay attention to the email that arrives showing that their order was entered, telling them how to track their order. Webinterpret thinks that is the customer's own fault and has no sympathy for lost orders. It took a lot of work to finally find some way to address lost packages, and you can't reach any individuals. You are forced into using a ticketing system. Their staff is obviously incentivized to mark every ticket as "solved" even when the problems are not resolved. That sets up greater discontent.

I am thankful that we finally received reimbursements for the lost packages. I will now have to fill out a ticket to ask that they take down all the International pages affiliated with GloPal (Webinterpret) so that customers stop trying to place orders through those web stores. I sure hope that this can be handled swiftly.

Login to Me Too

BeachGirl21

I have been trying to get my own store up and running and have sent several emails to our original contact and follow up  to schedule a call before launch.  The sales process was very nice, but not so much now.

Login to Me Too

BarryL
Contributor
Contributor

We ultimately terminated our relationship with Webinterpret. They represented themselves at first saying they were a PayPal company when in reality they were just an authorized PayPal service provider.

We ran into problems because Webinterpret created web sites which did not accurately indicate that they were a 3rd-party shipping partner that would ultimately save the customer money. Many of the customers thought we had a store in their country, so they were corresponding with us in various languages. 

Although the customers received an email explanation, they never understood that their packages would initially be shipped to Webinterpret's Pennsylvania facility. The shipment to Pennsylvania actually contributed to slower deliveries of the packages and customers became upset, demanding refunds while we were being told that the customer's package was still making its way to the customer's address. The daily management of all the international shipments was extremely time consuming. Ultimately, Webinterpret was just too slow to respond to the all the lost and missing packages. Ultimately we had to go back to using the US Postal Service for all our International shipments and life returned to normal again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.