PayPal Failed me

Designedcoma
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently went through a unauthorized payment disoute and was found in my favor. Buyer claimed the address provided by PayPal was fraudulent and the purchase was as well. Next came the charge back..which looks as though I lost this even though I provided the shipping receipt along with the email communication with the buyer asking for a good address if the one is apparently fake. Buyer doesn't want to give me one so I still have the item. Reason for loosing chargeback..because PayPal can't verify the shipping...well maybe if you actually READ the comments and the email communication and looked at the other claim you would know why. Because the buyer won't give me a good address. I still have the item to ship to the buyer. But this all came down when I printed the label and added the "signature required" option. I have a good feeling I saved myself from being without the product and still getting a chargeback....All I have to say is this to PayPal. You are terrible at protecting sellers. 

It was clearly stated no refund on the listing. This buyer who claims the eBay account and her address that PayPal has on her account is fake. yet the buyer responds to the eBay ID and still does. Its clear to me, you don't look at the information provided by sellers..at least not all of the information. Just the obvious..like the shipping, try to track it and when a seller puts in the NOTES section the buyer won't give me a good address to ship to. I feel as though it was all ignored..for this. I will always NOT Recommend PayPal to people. Find a different method..credit card only. Because you did nothing in my view. Time to take to social media.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did the item return to you?

If so,you have no loss,but shipping?

for unauthorised transaction dispute,seller must ship to the address on the paypal payment notice,it does not have to be delivered or signed for,just proof of shipping is good enough.

also the item must be eligible for protection-full or partial,

Login to Me Too

Designedcoma
Contributor
Contributor

The item never shipped. Because the buyer insisted the address given to me from PayPal when printing the shipping label as a false address. When I printed the shipping label I added a request for signature. This item was a couple hundered dollars which is why I added the request. So yeah sure, I still have the item and can simply resell it. But that is besides the point really. And there is more loss than just shipping. The charge back is taken back. Whic places my PayPal in a negative state. So I am out the purchase price, plus shipping and the charge back fee PayPal charges you when you loose a chargeback claim.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

so you never ship the item but keep the payment.

how did you manage to win the Paypal dispute if you never ship?

I can see why buyer files and wins a chargeback since you never ship,you cant have both-item and the money.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

since you never use the shipping label,it can be voided within 24-48 hours,if printed on USPS click and ship,it could be months.

Login to Me Too

Designedcoma
Contributor
Contributor

You don't understand. I won the first claim..got the funds. During that claim..the buyer said the address PayPal provided was a fraudulent address. When I WON the first claim, I repsonded to buyer asking for a GOOD address to ship. Buyer still says address is fake and doesn't want the item. So I call PayPal, they say we are waiting on the buyer etc. Fine, I will hold onto the item. So I could not ship it if the address given to me is apparently or supposedly fake. Why would I or anyone ship an item if the buyer is saying the one PayPal provided is not real and, won't give a good address?

Then the chargeback comes in after the first claim was settled and closed in my favor. So I provide all the info to PayPal along with the receipt of the shipping label stating that the buyer still has yet to give me a good address to ship. So again..if the address PayPal has in their system is supposedly wrong and fraudulent. Why in the world would I ship it when I have the evidence from the buyer stating the address PayPal provided is fraudulent. 

The shipping cost is honestly irrelevant. Its very minimul to the purchase price. So, as I said. PayPal in my eyes did not do very well in this chargeback and supposedly unauthorized purchase claimed by the buyer. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You're not covered by seller protection because you did not ship out the item.  You just printed out the label.  PayPal Seller Protection covers chargebacks when you ship to address on the payment, wrong address or not.

The buyer then said they do not want the item after the PayPal dispute closed and claimed the address was fraudulent. The thing to do then is cancel order and issue a refund, then relist your item.  

No refunds?  No such thing as there are many tools at the buyer's disposal to get their money back with much broader purchase protection terms than PayPal has.  But that is besides the point because PayPal would cover you if you only just met the requirements of coverage eligibility: shipping the item to address on payment.  Even if you lost the chargeback PayPal would have covered you.  Now the buyer is made whole and you have your item to relist.

Not sure why sellers push buyers into a corner and expect cooperation from them, especially when you can always cancel per buyer request and relist.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PRETTY MUCH SAME THING HAPPEND TO ME. PAYPAL ASKS FOR A TON OF INFO, BUT THEY DONT EVEN LOOK AT YOUR EVIDENCE, THEY JUST FIND IN FAVOR OF THE BUYER, WHO SOMETIMES ARE SCAMMERS.!!!!!

I SHARE YOUR OPINION ON PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.