Pay after delivery

Shertoff
New Community Member

Why on earth after all these years did they cancel pay after delivery? I've done business with pay pal for many years and this sucks that they don't have this option anymore. I pay my bill on time, and pay pal has always got every sent I've every owed them. This sucks. If pay pal wants to get rid of this, then make it unavailable to new users. Don't **bleep** the customers that have been using this method for years. Confirmed customers should really be grandfathered in with pay after delivery. I plan on calling and complaining a lot to Paypal. Hopefully they'll get tired of hearing me **bleep** about it everyday that they'll reinstate it. Fingers Crossed.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shertoff

Guess they don't want to offer mini-interest free loans anymore.

Can't see the point of it myself as it doesn't offer you anymore buyer protection, in fact you get more protection by using a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mattpatt
Contributor
Contributor

I agree!  I used this feature A LOT.  Sucks that it's gone.  I always considered this a value added service and extra insurance just in case something isn't right with a purchase through ebay.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mattpatt

You get no more buyer protection, the seller is still credited the payment in advance as no seller would send an item before being paid.

All PAD did was give you a bit longer until paypal debited your bank account to pay them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mattpatt
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@mattpatt

You get no more buyer protection, the seller is still credited the payment in advance as no seller would send an item before being paid.

All PAD did was give you a bit longer until paypal debited your bank account to pay them back again.

I disagree.  PAD gave you 10 days to receive the item and make sure everything was okay.  If not, you could dispute the transaction without the funds ever leaving your account until the dispute was settled.  It was an added "perk" to using Paypal.  It's a mute point now, Paypal did away with it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mattpatt

Doesn't give you anyMORE protection though does it as if you win a dispute then you get a refund. Whether that means the funds don't leave your account OR you get a refund back into your account is one and the same, you still get your money back.

Also as disputes often take over 10 days then the funds would have left your bank account at the 10 day marker anyway and you would then probably have to wait longer for your refund than someone who paid instantly at the time of the transaction and who's funds have already cleared.

And PAD has only been 'done away' with in your country, we still have it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.