Pay Pal Closed My Account Because Of Security Issues

michelletiem
New Community Member

I recieved an email from Paypal stating they decided to close my account because of security issues.  I have only used my account to help family and friends finacially.  I have never used my Pay Pal account for any other reason except to help.  I was confused at why I was (or my account was) closed because of security issues.  I did not breach their user agreement, nor did I violate any laws, nor did I infringe PP's copyright or sell counterfeit goods.  I did not act in a mannor that is defamatory, nor did provide false misleading information.  I was not involved in fraudulent funds,etc....  I could go throught the entire sections of the PP Agreement and answer NO on every section of Restricted Activity but they still closed my account for good.  I am so confused and when I call I am told "security issues".  I just don't understand what I did so wrong.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

If anyone from Paypal can check into this for me please reference PP-005-411-233-774

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal is not going to reveal to you their security model.  

Definitely has something to do with your payments themselves.  It weirded them out, I guess.

If you want to pursue it, file a complain at BBB.org.  PayPal executive escalations dept will investigate.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

steflynn
New Community Member

This just happened to me! I've used it like 4 times since January, bought reptile supplies and a few things from Amazon.....no clue what I did to violate their policies???

3-24-2017 1-07-33 PM.png

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You'll have to appeal to the higher-ups.  Contact executiveoffice at paypal.com.  Explain the whole situation.  Provide the case number.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Gheroghe
New Community Member

Hi

New Money In Town which is very good but bad for small sellers like me

They have limit my account for some silly reason said I have linked to some other 2 accounts. 

Useless and upsetting 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.