PAYPAL'S UNFAIR PRACTICES

bobcat57
Contributor
Contributor

After wasting literally hours of my time on the phone with customer service reps from both ebay and paypal I learned that because of an issue linked to an old paypal account I had about 10 years ago they have permanently blocked me from using Paypal for buying and selling and that is according to their people, a PERMANENT ban. I cannot believe that eBay allows their customers to be abused like this. If I violated Paypal's policies and they dont want my business fine, but to stop me from doing business with eBay is just wrong. I have 100% positive feedback as both a buyer and seller for over 15 years on ebay. I am a professional, an RN in fact for over 20 years and they're treating me like a common criminal. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with Paypal. Another case of big business **bleep** the little guy but in this case they're also **bleep** eBay because thats a lot of business eBay is not going to get and a TON of negative word-of-mouth publicity. I can only hope that whomever is responsible for this will get a big dose of kharma. This is not only a dumb way to do business it's just wrong to do that to good honest people who aside from making one mistake have done nothing but good for other people their entire lives. Shame on you Paypal. Smiley Mad

devildodger86

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal banned you forever?

You can call and ask what does it take t o reinstate your account,do you owe money?

If so,how about paying it off.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You can still buy and sell on Ebay,you just cannot accept payment and send payment using Paypal.  

Login to Me Too

bobcat57
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I can still buy and sell on eBay however I cannot use a credit card to purschase items, I have to contact sellers ahead of time to see if they will accept a money order or personal check. As for selling on eBay I am finished as I can only accept the same. and buyers want convenience, they dont want to have to go out and purchase a money order when they buy an item. So essentially they have made it extremely difficult to do business on eBay as a buyer and nearly impossible as a seller. So they are taking business away from eBay as well since I can no longer sell. I was a good seller too. As noted previously I had 100% positive feedback as both buyer and seller. Never had any complaints filed against me, etc. You might think I murdered somebody and sold pix of the body on eBay the way they have punished me. Even murderers get paroled sometimes so they're even more punitive than the criminal justice system.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Then why did they ban you for life if you were 100% feedback seller/buyer?  What happened?  If terms were violated, it is their prerogative to permanently ban someone from use.  It's their right to reduce liability.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bobcat57
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions. I was informed by Paypal that there is nothing I can do to reverse their decision to ban me for life. Re. the issue of money owed I do not owe any money. As I stated in my original post Paypal's policies are extemely punitive and unfair.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a duplicate post:

/t5/About-Business/banned-for-life/m-p/1099663

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.