PAYPAL PAY AFTER DELIVERY WILL END ON FEBRUARY 28, 2018

GACTANGELETRAX2
Contributor
Contributor

IT SEEMS THAT OUR MONEY HUNGRY FRIENDS AT PAYPAL WHO ARE QUICK TO TAKE YOUR FEES BUT PROVIDE  LITTLE IF ANY REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE OR ANYTHING LESS THAN ROBOTIC RESPONSES ARE ENDING THEIR PROGRAM WITH EBAY TO GET. NOW  PAY LATER. I CAN ONLY THINK THAT TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE NOT PAID THEIR BILLS, BUT IT SEEMS TO ME THAT BANKS WILL PAY THE BILL EVEN IF IT MEANS AN OVERDRAFT CHARGE TO THE CUSTOMERS .SO PAYPAL MAY JUST BE TOO LAZY TO WORK WITH PEOPLE AND ARE CONCENTRATING ON JUST COLLECTING THEIR FEES, GREED GREED  GREED! NO DOUBT ANOTHER SERVCIE WILL RISE TO  TAKE THEIR PLACE.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You're welcome to use another service to pay for things. Good look finding the convenience that you get from PayPal with other services, though.

This feature really didn't get much use, and there really isn't much of a need for it. You can use a credit / debit card to pay for things, and if something goes wrong you can file a dispute to get your money back (after attempting to resolve issue with the seller directly, of course.)

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@angelleye

I see you have not been on this forum long.

Some of us feel the same like you do,but it turns out surprising number people use this service.

Some time their biweekly paychecks with the 14 days PAD,which later becomes 10 days.

Some time it with their monthly SS check.

Some do no have credit card and they buy online for staples they need ,a few days makes a difference to them.

PAYPAL makes a little money by extending PAD,it looks like it does not want to be bothered anymore.

I doubt there is another service like PAD out there,may be ask the seller if he is willing to offer an installment plan.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Sounds to me like that could be part of why it's going away. People buying things they don't really have the money for, and then when it comes due they still don't have it for one reason or another.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@angelleye wrote:
Sounds to me like that could be part of why it's going away. People buying things they don't really have the money for, and then when it comes due they still don't have it for one reason or another.

aafter 10 days,Paypal will debit the buyer's bank account,if there is not enough,it will try again in 2 days.then give up and restricted buyer privilege of using PAD.

But these 2 PAYPAL attempts could put the buyer deeper in the hole,as his bank will charge him 2x NSF.

May be approach the seller if he is willing to extend credit or willing to ship with a small downpayment/

Login to Me Too

GACTANGELETRAX2
Contributor
Contributor

yes, many people plan their purchases to coincide with expected checks or incoming funds. Some who do business on ebay  often rely on money coming in to meet their needs, so when the system doesn't work it messes up everything, but billion dollar corporation such as ebay and paypal offer no slack or support when these troubles surface.There are  other credit sites such as PayPal which will purchase items for you ;but then you have the option of making monthly payments. PayPal is not the only game in town as they will soon see.paypal has just become lazy and want to just sit back and use billions of dollars that they  get to use to invest in other projects. they make money from the funds that are traveling through their system.when a company becomes profitable they also become unwilling to provide customer support or additional services.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I dont know of any lender who would pay for your merchandise and collect payments later unless there is  a collateral .

Auto and home lenders can repo the house or car,but what can PAYPAL do?

Login to Me Too

GACTANGELETRAX2
Contributor
Contributor

I had several ebay purchases that were coming due for  payment in afew days. Most of them were for amounts under $10. I informed paypal that I wanted to use the funds that were  in my paypal balance as the were insufficient funds in my bank account. I even transfers funds from my bank to paypal so that there would not be any problems. paypal repeatedly ignored my requests and repeatedly took money out of my bank thus incurring $36 for each bank overdraft.I contacted paypal and told them of the situation several times to please stop requesting finds from my bank and to use the funds that paypal knew were  available in my PayPal balance. Each request cost $36. in a futile attempt to stop the "bleeding' i finally transffered the Paypal balance back into my bank, but by this time there were so many attempts to collect funds that they wee immediately "absorbed" or taken by the bank.. Several hundred dollars! GONE! we can't use curse words here on this site, but you can imagine what i feel about that. No one asked PayPal for any charity or free money, just to use those funds that they knew were available  in my paypal balance. They said that they reimbursed me $70 but I never saw a penny of it as the bank took everything back in overdraft charges. all because paypal would not use common sense or customer concerns to pay for my purchase with my available balance.I sent a complaint to the State banking Commisoner, but I believe a class action suit or civil suit will get me my money back as there was no legitimate reason for them to cause this problem.paypal also uses the beyond ridiculous policy of ramson (random) but this word is more effective .denials of Pay after delivery. it states  on my page that Pay after delivery is active, but their system can randomly deny the service ;that you  only discover after you make the purchase and then use the checkout.total lack of consideration for customers and people. Just robotic money grabbers !i guess that is why they have state banking commissions.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

All these sites like Paypal,Ebay,AMZN drive on volume,they need a lot of people sign up and initate many transactions to turn a profit,it is not possible to deal with each case,they all use software to tackle volume.

This is why customer service cannot do anything for you as he cannot go and overide the system,unless the system provides a feature to do so.

In your case,when you sign up for PAD,you understand how it works and you should  have ample fund in your bank account t o meet the transactions,but you do not,so you eat NSF.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor
IF YOU are a good customer,you may go to your banker and plead your case,they may remove some ,but not all.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.