New Experience Paypal Website.

KnirpsLyn
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome...  You know what I love?

Waking up in the morning to go check out my Paypal, eBay, and banks on all their various websites, and finding out that one of my professional (presumably) business websites has been taken over by some kids and turned into some Disney-Twitter-wannabe-site.

I don't know about anyone else, but when a company makes radical, overnight changes to a site I use every day to deal with my money, I get irritated.  

When I first logged in, there was only one option on the bottom for changing back the website to the 'classic' version.  It literally said, 'view classic site'.  However, it was not the classic site.  It was some mock version of the classic site and only showed the summary page.  Changing pages instantly took you back to the kid version.

I ended up calling Paypal, and upon their instructions to refresh back to the main page and look for a new option to 'opt out', I found it and was able to opt out of the 'new (kid) experience' and return to the classic, adult site.

I don't understand why they did it that way.  You should never be assualted with such changes upon log-in with no announcements or guide as to what the changes are and where everything is.  Maybe I want to take a look at the new experience...maybe I'll like it (well, I'll never like the bubbly, kiddie crap layout, but maybe it was feature-rich), I don't know, and I don't think I'll find out because the opt out seemed pretty final.

Considering my tone and explaination to the representitive on the phone, as well as the feedback from the opt out pop-up, and my follow-up feedback submission, I believe Paypal has a pretty good idea where I stand on this issue, but for some reason I wanted to create a message on the community board as well.  Go me.

What was your 'new experience' like?

Login to Me Too
278 REPLIES 278

Dirtknocker
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/business/optout

Use the link above

You have to have the business account to switch.

There has to be a way for the regular accounts.

We need some adults making decisions..

Login to Me Too

spacestation9
New Community Member

NONSENSE!

The new dumbed down idiolook is fine if all you do is buy items, but for those of us who SELL, it is USELESS!

Login to Me Too

ckoco
New Community Member

Completely Agree!!!!  HATE the new look, can't find anything, can't figure out how to go back to old look!!

Login to Me Too

burkhead1
New Community Member

I totally agree... and i also liked the old my account profile layout where i could make one credit card primary instead of paypal automatically choosing a card to take the money from!!!..

Login to Me Too

ichci
New Community Member

@burkhead1 wrote:

I totally agree... and i also liked the old my account profile layout where i could make one credit card primary instead of paypal automatically choosing a card to take the money from!!!..

Is there any way out of this crap????

Login to Me Too

willmoney99
Contributor
Contributor

YEP IT BLOWS  HOW do we go back I cant stand it !

Login to Me Too

DisappointedPA
New Community Member

Not only am I **bleep** off about the the NEW layout that is totally USELESS the stupid layout changes the PRINTING! I always print the transaction for my records. now it goes to two pages and if you only print one you don't the Snapshot of messed up layout can be seen here. Look at the top of the page... when you are on the site and the page before you print... the links go across the top. See what the do when I go to print? 

PAYPAL GET IT TOGETHER!  If it isn't BROKEN why the **bleep** did you BREAK IT!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

In the last month I've had more problems with paypal then I had in all the years I have been with them. I'm so disgusted and this is what always happens. You like something... it starts out really well and then they GET TOO BIG FOR THEIR PANTS AND BLOW IT ALL. Now we're **bleep** because we are locked into them. I'm looking for alternatives, that is for sure.

Login to Me Too

atticcuss
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using PayPal for close to 12+  years and have NEVER had a problem with anything.  This new format is just horrible.  It took me 35 minutes to find the Pay My Bill option.  Half of the clickable spots do not work. 

I cannot express my disappointment in this new format.  It sucks.  I can see that you are going to lose many customers.  I was very happy to see so many more shopping sites offering your services. 

Then you did this.  This was an unnecessary move on your part because your old format was incredibly easy to navigate and the customer support was awesome. 

I hope to see that you are taking these complaints to heart and returning back to the old format. 

Login to Me Too

NormaH
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to paypal shipping in this new layout. I hate it, I HATE IT, I HATE IT.  give us back the old one.

Login to Me Too

shopper57
Contributor
Contributor
IMO, the new design of PP needs to be canned! In the meantime, PLEASE go to your PP account and submit your Feedback. There's a Feedback link located at the bottom of the page, select Other if your issue is not in the drop choices for the problem you're experiencing. Describe your problem or give your opinion of the new design. These Feedback comments go to PP where as these forum comments seem to only be a place for us to vent. Hopefully with a ton of constructive Feedback comments, we'll get someone's attention to consider going back to the old & more user-friendly version of PP. Or they will at least have an understanding of what the new version is lacking. Remember those good old days when we didn't have to take a day off work to spend time trying to navigate this new site searching for where they've now hidden links that used to be easy to find? Lol! Your Feedback on PP is needed!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.