New Experience Paypal Website.

KnirpsLyn
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome...  You know what I love?

Waking up in the morning to go check out my Paypal, eBay, and banks on all their various websites, and finding out that one of my professional (presumably) business websites has been taken over by some kids and turned into some Disney-Twitter-wannabe-site.

I don't know about anyone else, but when a company makes radical, overnight changes to a site I use every day to deal with my money, I get irritated.  

When I first logged in, there was only one option on the bottom for changing back the website to the 'classic' version.  It literally said, 'view classic site'.  However, it was not the classic site.  It was some mock version of the classic site and only showed the summary page.  Changing pages instantly took you back to the kid version.

I ended up calling Paypal, and upon their instructions to refresh back to the main page and look for a new option to 'opt out', I found it and was able to opt out of the 'new (kid) experience' and return to the classic, adult site.

I don't understand why they did it that way.  You should never be assualted with such changes upon log-in with no announcements or guide as to what the changes are and where everything is.  Maybe I want to take a look at the new experience...maybe I'll like it (well, I'll never like the bubbly, kiddie crap layout, but maybe it was feature-rich), I don't know, and I don't think I'll find out because the opt out seemed pretty final.

Considering my tone and explaination to the representitive on the phone, as well as the feedback from the opt out pop-up, and my follow-up feedback submission, I believe Paypal has a pretty good idea where I stand on this issue, but for some reason I wanted to create a message on the community board as well.  Go me.

What was your 'new experience' like?

Login to Me Too
278 REPLIES 278

Grindertv
New Community Member

It also does not let me select my paypal balance as an option to pay. It is only allowing me to use paypal smart connect. 

Another issue is when I click to switch to classic shipping experience it takes anywhere from 2-10 times before it switches over. I have called several times and each agent has no idea what I am talking about. 

Login to Me Too

lilgirlbigtruck
Contributor
Contributor

Who knows can't experience it last couple labels I bought only sent sample label to my printer so I cancel them and wait. 2 weeks for refund

Login to Me Too

dg4743

It's awful, untidy, too much information on one page. I cannot find where to download my Transaction History. I need to print this out for my book-keeping. Does anyone know how I request a print out as we used to be able to?

Login to Me Too

FluffyBunny
Contributor
Contributor

I also use the monthly sales reports etc for my book keeping  and can't find a link anywhere to create reports. Does it still exist, but is VERY hidden or has it disappeared altogether? 

DO NOT like this new site design and have fingers crossed that we can have the option of using the old site.

Login to Me Too

makeup-face
New Community Member

On the bottom of the new page there is a page to click on that says classic on the left hand side. Click on that. I hate the new one..it is awful. 

Login to Me Too

acheron55
Contributor
Contributor

NOTHING works in new interface for me. I cannot change any payment preferences, I cannot add money from my back to paypal. I can't do anything.

At the bottom left, there is "Classic site" link but it only shows History of my transactions in classic view. Whenever I click another view it goes back to new interface.

Login to Me Too

LindaSueBob
Contributor
Contributor

Now I can't find the fees paypal has charged me for each payment, can't find multi order shipping, it is awful awful awful

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not everyone thinks the same as you.  For example, a new user who just setup an account would have "nothing" to compare to, they would simply just jump right in.  So who's to say what is awful!

We have used PayPal since almost day 1 and have seen many changes - the new look is different and we "understand" the logic behind the changes (most folks don't as they are not programmers) however, there are parts we hate and others that flow well.  This is PayPal's "FIRST" shot at making some major revisions - so cut them a break.  It will improve because of User Input form folks like you an me however, simply being straight up confrontational does not work.

Login to Me Too

timestreasures
Contributor
Contributor

I so much preferred the old layout which "compartmentalized" everything and made it concise and clear instead of sprawling all over the page. 

I can understand why programmers might have needs -- but is it not the bottom line that USERS are the ones whose needs should come first.  Why can't programmers program what users want and need ?  They are the ones who are being paid to produce what users can best use and prefer. 

Just my  2c worth.

Login to Me Too

Dirtknocker
Contributor
Contributor

Snowshoe, Your analogy is as lame as the pages.

A new user would figure out the typical pages with much less trouble and easier visible access to the links.

Number one priority is to maintain consistency to reduce frustration and errors.

As a programmer, the new pages are not user friendly. Wheres the opt out choice?

I guess if your on a mobile device it would appear better, but still lacks the user friendliness of a professional site.

How come I can use the classic site on my other account? I opted out at the beginning.

Nobody seems to want to post the fix. It is most likely very simple.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.