New Experience Paypal Website.

KnirpsLyn
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome...  You know what I love?

Waking up in the morning to go check out my Paypal, eBay, and banks on all their various websites, and finding out that one of my professional (presumably) business websites has been taken over by some kids and turned into some Disney-Twitter-wannabe-site.

I don't know about anyone else, but when a company makes radical, overnight changes to a site I use every day to deal with my money, I get irritated.  

When I first logged in, there was only one option on the bottom for changing back the website to the 'classic' version.  It literally said, 'view classic site'.  However, it was not the classic site.  It was some mock version of the classic site and only showed the summary page.  Changing pages instantly took you back to the kid version.

I ended up calling Paypal, and upon their instructions to refresh back to the main page and look for a new option to 'opt out', I found it and was able to opt out of the 'new (kid) experience' and return to the classic, adult site.

I don't understand why they did it that way.  You should never be assualted with such changes upon log-in with no announcements or guide as to what the changes are and where everything is.  Maybe I want to take a look at the new experience...maybe I'll like it (well, I'll never like the bubbly, kiddie crap layout, but maybe it was feature-rich), I don't know, and I don't think I'll find out because the opt out seemed pretty final.

Considering my tone and explaination to the representitive on the phone, as well as the feedback from the opt out pop-up, and my follow-up feedback submission, I believe Paypal has a pretty good idea where I stand on this issue, but for some reason I wanted to create a message on the community board as well.  Go me.

What was your 'new experience' like?

Login to Me Too
278 REPLIES 278

FixTillWeHateIt
Contributor
Contributor

Where the freak is the "withdraw" and  "transfer money to bank account" link? Why is that link ALWAYS hidden when they make these changes? They try to make is as difficult as possible to withdraw our money. I really hate this.

Login to Me Too

ifishrogue
New Community Member

Hate the new layout.  On top of that, lost access to my daughter's Student Account.... just today.  Checked her account yesterday just fine, and now there's no link anywhere on this new mess they have run in front of it.

Looks like it's time to just go to a debit card from my credit union.  Too bad.

Login to Me Too

grafton41
Contributor
Contributor

I really HATE the new summary layout.  It is kindergarden--ish and does not provide any of the information that I need.

Where are my links to my working capital loan.  They have dissappeared completly.  How do I accesss my working capital loan.  Checked classic link----NO WORKING CAPITAL LINKS.  Really really bad business, no way to access my loan.  

How can I default view classic view on summary page.  I REALLY HATE THIS NEW SUMMARY FORMAT.  IS IT FOR TWO YEAR OLDS?  Whoever desinged this needs a job with the government,

I AM NOT A TODDLER AND NEED A BUSINESS FORMAT FOR FINANCES.      And please tell me how to access to my working capital loan, link completly dissappeared, spent 30 minutes searching through paypal website and could not find.  

Login to Me Too

daffodildeb
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a telephone conversation with customer service the first day (because there are no links to Working Capital).  Since then I've discovered more problems, relating to actual shipments, and general layout.  I have written to the email customer service, although I expect it will be ignored.  This is that I wrote:

"How can I opt out of the "new" site?  I want to have the "classic" site continue to be the default setting.  The new site is absolutely, totally, ridiculously lousy.  Obviously, the idiot who designed it never had experience selling on Ebay or receiving payments through Paypal.  The new site takes much longer to navigate, is confusing, hard to read, and generating shipping labels requires 3-4 more clicks PER ADDRESS than the old.  It reverts to the old shipping label format, too, which is much slower, and actually often locks my computer up, requiring a reboot.  Bring back the classic site!  Remember, programmers--your need to look busy shouldn't interfere with the functioning of the site.  As the old saying goes, DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE!"

Login to Me Too

pro98
New Community Member

this new site is worthless, I too would like to go back to the site I had before you changed it on me without asking. I can't find the "buy it know pay later" info anywhere on this page, maybe you used the same company as the new health care system. But I have to say with all the billions of dollars you folks make off of us, why in the world do you keep changing things.

this new site completely sucks. 

Login to Me Too

SleepyJirachi

Me to i want the option to go back to before the change i can't even withdraw my checks and i need them! This is so bad 😞 And when you do switch back to classic all it does is take you to history which is totally useless please listen to our feedback with out us PayPal is nothing.

Login to Me Too

matt63
New Community Member

I also hate the new layout and now the link to my prepaidd ebit card is gone. I have NO way to transfer funds from balance to the card because the link to access my Prepaid debit card is gone now. I hate these people.

Login to Me Too

rnr52
Contributor
Contributor

I would just call them.  Maybe when their customer sevice gets enough phone calls they will get the message.  Their used to be a link to Bill Me Later so you could make payments but that is now gone too.  They made it easier for them and difficult for customers.  Their are also petition sites.  Maybe someone should start a petition and then PayPal will listen.

Login to Me Too

rnr52
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has made it difficult to figure out how to go back to the classic version.  The "switch" icon will only appear at the top right of the page when you are in settings and then when I clicked on it nothing changed. It was only by chance I saw "classic" in the lower left hand corner and was able to go back to the classic version.  It seems PayPal wants to make it difficult for all their customers to revert back to the classic version.  What I really hate is when businesses like this become successful, establish a monopoly, and almost become an oligarchy the customers suffer.  We may just be a drop in the PayPal ocean but without the drops their would be no ocean.

Login to Me Too

catavasken
Contributor
Contributor

I agree!!!! I hate this new site. Such a waste of time and energy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.