New Experience Paypal Website.

KnirpsLyn
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome...  You know what I love?

Waking up in the morning to go check out my Paypal, eBay, and banks on all their various websites, and finding out that one of my professional (presumably) business websites has been taken over by some kids and turned into some Disney-Twitter-wannabe-site.

I don't know about anyone else, but when a company makes radical, overnight changes to a site I use every day to deal with my money, I get irritated.  

When I first logged in, there was only one option on the bottom for changing back the website to the 'classic' version.  It literally said, 'view classic site'.  However, it was not the classic site.  It was some mock version of the classic site and only showed the summary page.  Changing pages instantly took you back to the kid version.

I ended up calling Paypal, and upon their instructions to refresh back to the main page and look for a new option to 'opt out', I found it and was able to opt out of the 'new (kid) experience' and return to the classic, adult site.

I don't understand why they did it that way.  You should never be assualted with such changes upon log-in with no announcements or guide as to what the changes are and where everything is.  Maybe I want to take a look at the new experience...maybe I'll like it (well, I'll never like the bubbly, kiddie crap layout, but maybe it was feature-rich), I don't know, and I don't think I'll find out because the opt out seemed pretty final.

Considering my tone and explaination to the representitive on the phone, as well as the feedback from the opt out pop-up, and my follow-up feedback submission, I believe Paypal has a pretty good idea where I stand on this issue, but for some reason I wanted to create a message on the community board as well.  Go me.

What was your 'new experience' like?

Login to Me Too
278 REPLIES 278

jmarkj
Contributor
Contributor

Oh well, found out where they went..........(just got an email from them)..........in the trash. Guess Paypal did not like my sarcasism instead of blowing smoke up their ****'s telling how wonderful the site apparence/funcionality is now. Oh,,,sorry, IT SUCKS! I have over 700 feedbacks now and PP has **bleep** up the site so bad it's pathetic! There is NO way to accurately keep up with their arcaic accounting practices. Money appears with no explination, then diss-appears with no explination. Kinda like my wifes checking account! LOL but I do the "collect and spend" as fast as I can so they (PP) does not have access to my money one second longer than they need to. Terrible way to do business. 

jmark

Login to Me Too

Kkaykk
New Community Member

UGHHHHH....................I can't express enough how much I HATE THE NEW PAYPAL! There was nothing wrong with the old one....I know it's late chiming in now...but I've been on here less & less,since it's changed. I can't find anything & when I try to look for help, that's pretty useless as well on the new version. I put in a question & it gives me a multitude of questions just with maybe 1 or 2 words of my question in it...so they expect me to search through all these answers, to see if one of them might just fit my question. I have tried to go back to classic view but it only lasts a few mins, once you input or try to go somewhere, it instantly takes you back to the new n NOT improved in any way, shape or form Paypal. They make it look all simple by having very few options on the front but that's exactly what it is...very few options...I can't find anything...yeah, i know I already said that but I need to say it again!!! LOL>>>>> What are other options? Please someone have some info on new sites that are legit that we may use instead of Paypal.

Login to Me Too

danno0427
Contributor
Contributor

Just wanted to say Thanks but NO THANKS to PAYPAL.  There have been numerous people who have taken the time to post a response regarding the new Paypal layout.  Even if you will not change the layout, you have yet to fix the issues and features that are hidden.  It has made the Paypal experience completely suck!!  On top of this, Paypal Multi-order shipping is NOT working!!  But wait.........there's more.......your engineers are working on it.  Yeah right....if they were working on fixing the issues it would have been done by now unless you have hired a bunch of pre-schoolers to run your website. 

Here are the PROBLEMS I am having:

1.  If I need to search for a transaction I can NOT use your "barney style" website.  I must click on the Classic site.....wait for it to load......normal screen comes up.......then I must click on "find a transaction".........then I much insert my search information to find the order.  How many steps should it take to do sucha simple task??  Why not put a search option on the front page?....that would be so easy!

2. I do not have the option to PERMENANTLY revert back to the original site.  I should be given the choice and not be forced into feeling like I am watching  cartoons on Sunday morning.  I am running a business. 

3. Paypal and eBay do have competition..........its called AMAZON.  Amazon is like comparing a PC to MAC products.  If you want to deal with the BS you by a PC and get viruses and your software runs like crap.......If you want to turn your computer on and just have it work like it should......you buy a MAC.   I got tired of eBay and Paypal and decided to try Amazon.......it just works.  I have doubled my business and exveeded my eBay sales in less than 6 months.  I now make more money on Amazon and do not need to deal with Paypal and eBay BS.  I continue to grow with Amazon but stagnate with eBay and Paypal where sales have been the same for 3 years. 

4.  Paypal uses a feature called Multi-prder shipping.  It allows high volume sellers to create bulk shipments and print all your labels at one time.   One problem......it has not worked in TWO WEEKS!!!!.......but your engineers are working on it.  Once again, I am trying to run a business efficently and Paypal is complicating things. 

5.  I will rant here.......YOUR NOT LISTENING ANYWAY.............and Paypal will still continue to do what they want instead of listen to what EVERYONE has to say.  I have not seen one response from Paypal regarding the huge amount of CUSTOMERS that you service that DO NOT LIKE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!!

Login to Me Too

bluesdawg
New Community Member

It's "improvements" like the new website that make me tend to look for new ways to get my work done w/a different business.  If I can't get back to the productivity and ease-of-use the old site offered me, I'll be looking for a different online payment service.

Login to Me Too

dreasura
Contributor
Contributor

Like most everyone who has posted here, I do not like this playground that has been forced upon me. 
To clarify things, I had an immediate reaction to this new site as "Romper Room" because it is a flat-out cheesy mess, and I have a great suspicion that someone gave a child the authority to play in the world of adults. 

Murphy's Law: If it works, don't fix it. 

I'm not saying that large graphics aren't a good thing at times. I AM saying that when it comes to financial matters, this bubble-headed approach scares the living bejesus out of me. 

If I am supposed to trust PayPal to have access to my BANK and my CREDIT CARDS, putting my financial security in their hands, then I fully EXPECT a very professional approach..... Not this extra large imagery. I can reduce this entire site to 50% on my browser, and it's STILL too messy. Are PayPal (almost said PayPlay - lol) .... Are the people at PayPal BLIND???? 

Maybe they're disabled? Old? I'm old (almost - heck, I DID reference Romper Room) but I'm not deaf, I'm not blind, I'm not an old fuddy-duddy, and I'm not a child either. 

I wonder if someone doesn't have a daughter (I can't imagine a son doing something like this, but one never knows these days) ... Ok, so this daughter, neice, grandchild, whatever... they were allowed to create this adorable cutesy website and the person or people in charge of these things at PayPal thought "hey, I could save a ton of money and let this little princess give us a brand new image!" To which she smiled, batted her eyes, and tore the image asunder, leaving a lot of ANGRY clients looking for the nearest thing to calm their frazzled nerves at being forced into this 'fluffy-pink-fairy-butterfly" garbage. 

Or, maybe it's just an emotional designer who cried while they were doing this thing, unable to focus through their tears, which is why we were forced into this IN YOUR FACE SO THERE! trash of a website. 

Or maybe it's someone with absolutely ZERO taste. Yep, I think that's it right there. 

COME ON, PayPal.... you treat us this way? We trusted you and you betray us like this? 

Shame on you, Dan Shulman, for not being on top of this disaster, for not listening to the people you've betrayed, for having roots in social activism yet cannot make the connection between a good decision and a bad one. 

Well, being that Dan was once CEO of Virgin Mobile.... that fact alone tells me more than I could ever want to know!!

Login to Me Too

nothingyouwant
New Community Member

This really shouldn't end here..PayPal flopped on pathetic standards and even sillier UI ...changes. probably to 'keep up' with the insurgence of new "do your buiness, here you go" platforms that are popping up. PayPal knows they have to show relelvancy. THEY WERE HERE FIRST. but they are failing.

hahahah failing.

it's too easy paypal. i'll tell you the secret to winning over all these cool new services who charge less than you,

LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS

thats what these companies are doing and lo and behold...they profit.

numbers dont mean **bleep**. surveys and statistics tell us you're a bunch of anally infused money monkies.

but history prevails...compaines contort, and crumble. retaining customers...the ones they can still rip off. they'll settle. it's the paychecks words after all.

but other than that everything is great 🙂 

Forever a fan, member, account holder.

Thanks PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

jerryamyv
Contributor
Contributor

Just got off the phone with customer support (no support, really).  They are in the process of removing the CLASSIC SITE buttons from all accounts, eliminiating the choice to go back to it.  If you have the button presently on the home page, you can use it but it doesn't stick, meaning next time you log in you will have to select CLASSIC SITE again, if it's still even there.  If you don't have the CLASSIC SITE button at the bottom, your account has already had it removed and there's not going back.  This is what they just told me.

This is just terrible....

Login to Me Too

kmckuen
New Community Member

Please go back to CLASSIC!!!

I dislike this new junk - It is worthless!!!

I have been a PAYPAL member since 2000.

If it doesn't get fixed and go back to CLASSIC, can i go somewhere else?

thx!

Login to Me Too

jdocandy
New Community Member

I am so fed up with this new paypal crap. It doesn't work on my iphone and it doesn't display my regular payees. Now, it isn't even letting me switch to classic. I keep trying but when I go to send money, it reverts to the new garbage.

Hey paypal, have you ever heard the old saying "if it isn't broke, don't fix it"? FAIL!

Login to Me Too

JFelstead
Contributor
Contributor

I can only echo what all previous posters have said. The new website is absolutely awful to use and extremely frustrating. When you sort activity by date and then look at the detail of a transaction, as soon as you go back to the transaction again it returns to the default view. This means you have to sort by date range EVERY time you want to check a transaction. In addition you cannot even sort the date of transactions from Oldest to newest which would help. I have also tried to use the classic site which although not perfect was MUCH better than the replacement. However you cannot remain within the classic site as even this diverts you back to the new site!!!!

The problem is that I don't suppose any PayPal technical employees are monitoring these forums so have no idea about the frustration of users. I bombard Paypal using the feedback link explaining the issues and suggesting possible solutions but there is never any information back from PayPal.

If anyone from PayPal is browsing this site please let us know if you are listening to our views and if there are any plans to make changes to the site to make it easier to use.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.