New Experience Paypal Website.

KnirpsLyn
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome...  You know what I love?

Waking up in the morning to go check out my Paypal, eBay, and banks on all their various websites, and finding out that one of my professional (presumably) business websites has been taken over by some kids and turned into some Disney-Twitter-wannabe-site.

I don't know about anyone else, but when a company makes radical, overnight changes to a site I use every day to deal with my money, I get irritated.  

When I first logged in, there was only one option on the bottom for changing back the website to the 'classic' version.  It literally said, 'view classic site'.  However, it was not the classic site.  It was some mock version of the classic site and only showed the summary page.  Changing pages instantly took you back to the kid version.

I ended up calling Paypal, and upon their instructions to refresh back to the main page and look for a new option to 'opt out', I found it and was able to opt out of the 'new (kid) experience' and return to the classic, adult site.

I don't understand why they did it that way.  You should never be assualted with such changes upon log-in with no announcements or guide as to what the changes are and where everything is.  Maybe I want to take a look at the new experience...maybe I'll like it (well, I'll never like the bubbly, kiddie crap layout, but maybe it was feature-rich), I don't know, and I don't think I'll find out because the opt out seemed pretty final.

Considering my tone and explaination to the representitive on the phone, as well as the feedback from the opt out pop-up, and my follow-up feedback submission, I believe Paypal has a pretty good idea where I stand on this issue, but for some reason I wanted to create a message on the community board as well.  Go me.

What was your 'new experience' like?

Login to Me Too
278 REPLIES 278

sherbear
Contributor
Contributor

I scrolled down to the bottom but I can't find where it says Classic. What page to you have to be on? My home page only has Business, Apps, Shop etc.

sher

Login to Me Too

Suzybrose
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly! The huge letters!! And if you sell multiple items you have to click on print shiping label then click on item to see exactly the iten you are shipping. Extra steps, Huge fonts.. Overpowering. If I was on Mars I could see my font. Is there a new person in charge that thinks they have "better" ideas. Well they do not. Sit down person and leave it be. Why are they not listening to the users??? Must have voo doo magic over people there.

Login to Me Too

1unkabob
New Community Member

I've gone through this and other problems with paypal and ebay.  You explain the problem as best you can.  You click "send" and get a message that reads that they can't answer you but will take your matter into consideration.  Translation?  They provide you with a forum wherein you can vent..............and that's all, folks!  You don't matter.  Your money matters.  What the -------- is the reason for giving all your personal data when ebay, paypal and the government already have it?  I have called several times and hung up after being on hold for 15 minutes.  They probably code incoming calls and 86 the ones like this.  Sorry people, but bank on the fact that it will get worse.  What can you expect when they make changes without asking users?  You merely find a difference when you log on.........no reason..........just use it.  See what happens when they get rich?  They forget who and what got them there, ergo, you don't count.  Pray for competition!

Login to Me Too

Quipn
New Community Member

When I make a purchase, the payment can be automatically charged my bank account, but now when I make sales, I must transfer  the incoming sale money MANUALLY into my bank account!  If not, all purchases I make are charged only to my "PayPal account", which I must MANUALLY pay into and transfer out of!

This is VERY TIME-CONSUMING and INEFFICIENT.

I don't need another credit acccount, neither do I need another bank account to watch, balance, and transfer funds to and from!   

I am looking for a more efficient  means of doing this business.  Any suggestions?

It appears that PayPal is TRYING TO BECOME MY BANK by these changes! 

PayPal has done well with transfer of funds for my  purchases. 

If they want to really become my bank, they could be very efficient and useful, but they will need to be up front about it, and they will need to be efficient, responsible and responsive to my needs, both in sales and purchases.  What do you think?

Login to Me Too

amdele
Contributor
Contributor

You are 100% RIGHT!  Its just like movie stars and music stars.  They die for attention when nobody ever heard of them.  Then, when they get famous, they hate the public. 

Login to Me Too

allthingsold

It says you can scoll down from the home screen and select the option to opt out of the new experience website.  Either I'm blind or there's no option showing..........................any help is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

MiniKitty
Contributor
Contributor

I was told the same thing by customer service. It's not there. Only the classic option which is pretty pointless since it changes right back.

Login to Me Too

maxikyd
Contributor
Contributor

How do I change it back?  the new layout is difficult to read and impossible to navigate.  Is there any way to CHANGE IT BACK?

Login to Me Too

kjz
Contributor
Contributor

HELP!  When I click the Classic site button on the lower left, it only works for 1 page view, then when I go another page its back to "new" look, which I find VERY unfriendly.  HOW do I switch back to Classic view and make it Stick????

PLEASE HELP ME!

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest that you contact customer support for assistance.  The more requests they receive for help will only validate that the New Look needs some additional consideration.

The new view does take some getting used too and it's a bit awkward sometimes.  Many of us are still trying to get conformable with it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.