New Experience Paypal Website.

KnirpsLyn
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome...  You know what I love?

Waking up in the morning to go check out my Paypal, eBay, and banks on all their various websites, and finding out that one of my professional (presumably) business websites has been taken over by some kids and turned into some Disney-Twitter-wannabe-site.

I don't know about anyone else, but when a company makes radical, overnight changes to a site I use every day to deal with my money, I get irritated.  

When I first logged in, there was only one option on the bottom for changing back the website to the 'classic' version.  It literally said, 'view classic site'.  However, it was not the classic site.  It was some mock version of the classic site and only showed the summary page.  Changing pages instantly took you back to the kid version.

I ended up calling Paypal, and upon their instructions to refresh back to the main page and look for a new option to 'opt out', I found it and was able to opt out of the 'new (kid) experience' and return to the classic, adult site.

I don't understand why they did it that way.  You should never be assualted with such changes upon log-in with no announcements or guide as to what the changes are and where everything is.  Maybe I want to take a look at the new experience...maybe I'll like it (well, I'll never like the bubbly, kiddie crap layout, but maybe it was feature-rich), I don't know, and I don't think I'll find out because the opt out seemed pretty final.

Considering my tone and explaination to the representitive on the phone, as well as the feedback from the opt out pop-up, and my follow-up feedback submission, I believe Paypal has a pretty good idea where I stand on this issue, but for some reason I wanted to create a message on the community board as well.  Go me.

What was your 'new experience' like?

Login to Me Too
278 REPLIES 278

lvngwell
Contributor
Contributor

I hate it more than I hate my X husband!  Spread out - links that I never use and WILL NEVER use prominantly at the top.  Scroll, scoll, scroll, oh there is what i want!  What was wrong with the old one??? NOTHING!  Change for changes sake is no progress at all!  I want my old page back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

MEMOMU
Contributor
Contributor

I AGREE TOTALLY !!

Login to Me Too

Concmad1
New Community Member

The new website is horrible, it used to take me 10 seconds to do what I needed to do. Now I give up and looking for a different option other than Paypal. I absolutely cannot stand it. A couple of weeks ago I got it to switch back to the classic site and stay there not anymore. What a joke. I do not have time for all this #@$%^&*(&^%$ garbage.

Login to Me Too

RainyDP
Contributor
Contributor

But they don't care. Thay are going to do what they want and change it anyway. I really hate it.

Login to Me Too

dijoist
Contributor
Contributor
Any hint as to what magic you have to do to "refresh" the main page and get the option to "Leave the new experience"? I contacted support and they weren't specific (to be fair they did call even, I just missed the call and the voicemail basically said "I was just going to have you scroll down and click "leave the new experience" anyway". I know how to scroll down and I still don't see it, and I'm going crazy...
Login to Me Too

allthingsold

The new website design layout is a real pain and not user friendly at all.  You now have to jump between multiple screens to try and manage payments/shipments.  I used to manage my shipments in Paypal, but from now on I'm going to do them in eBay since it's a **bleep** of a lot easier.  The only reason I'll now log into Paypal will be to transfer money to my bank account and to download invoices.  There's no other valid reason to use it with the new website design, it's that bad.  I've been working with computer systems going on 51 years and it appears noone asked for any feedback from the Paypal merchants before implementing the new design.....................very poor choice.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

mzmusic
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with the other posted opinions.  The new Paypal site looks and behaves like a cheap low IQ game with it's little whirling circles and smiley face-type graphics.  The new website is an insult to intelligent people.  Paypal is supposed to be about commerce and safely transferring money electronically.  The new site looks like a badly-designed cartoon strip for 3 years olds. Who's the 'genius' who designed the new website?  Not only does it look rediculous, it's also very user UNFRIENDLY and inefficient.  Put the 'grown up' site back up.

Login to Me Too

BGriff85
New Community Member

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is scroll down to the bottom of the page; and press "classic site." Be prepared, though, if you press one of the links on the new element up at the top, it WILL shunt you back to the new layout.

Login to Me Too

dscummin11
Contributor
Contributor

YES, THE NEW SITE IS HORRIBLE. THE ENDLESS LOOP IT TAKES YOU FROM CLASSIC TO THE NEW WHEN ONE OF THE "NEW' ICONS IS CLICKED IS FRUSTRATING AS $!@#.  I HATE THE NEW SITE.  WHAT ONCE TOOK ME 30 SECONDS, TOOK ME 30 MINUTES... AND I'VE BEEN USING PAYPAL FOR 4 YEARS.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.