New Experience Paypal Website.

KnirpsLyn
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome...  You know what I love?

Waking up in the morning to go check out my Paypal, eBay, and banks on all their various websites, and finding out that one of my professional (presumably) business websites has been taken over by some kids and turned into some Disney-Twitter-wannabe-site.

I don't know about anyone else, but when a company makes radical, overnight changes to a site I use every day to deal with my money, I get irritated.  

When I first logged in, there was only one option on the bottom for changing back the website to the 'classic' version.  It literally said, 'view classic site'.  However, it was not the classic site.  It was some mock version of the classic site and only showed the summary page.  Changing pages instantly took you back to the kid version.

I ended up calling Paypal, and upon their instructions to refresh back to the main page and look for a new option to 'opt out', I found it and was able to opt out of the 'new (kid) experience' and return to the classic, adult site.

I don't understand why they did it that way.  You should never be assualted with such changes upon log-in with no announcements or guide as to what the changes are and where everything is.  Maybe I want to take a look at the new experience...maybe I'll like it (well, I'll never like the bubbly, kiddie crap layout, but maybe it was feature-rich), I don't know, and I don't think I'll find out because the opt out seemed pretty final.

Considering my tone and explaination to the representitive on the phone, as well as the feedback from the opt out pop-up, and my follow-up feedback submission, I believe Paypal has a pretty good idea where I stand on this issue, but for some reason I wanted to create a message on the community board as well.  Go me.

What was your 'new experience' like?

Login to Me Too
278 REPLIES 278

JBennettTX

Just had a frustrating experience trying to add money through a PayPal My Cash Card. This should be a pretty simple operation. Just log in, enter the card info, and you're done. Instead, I got a strange page that told me to enter the My Cash PIN number and then to either log in or create an account. I was already logged in!

So I hit the login button, which opened up two different windows for logging in. I didn't know which one to use. The one that seemed to be logging in hung up, so I had to start the process over. I tried the second login window this time and got thrown into some sort of account verification process where my address had been reverted to an address I haven't used in years. Then I had to go through the adding cash procedure again.

I was going to transfer the money to my PayPay Prepaid Mastercard, but I couldn't find that option. Somewhere along the way, I apparently ended up ordering some kind of PayPal debit card.

Summary

Eventually I got everything done, but it was an unnecessarily complicated and confusing experience. The PayPal website seems like it's being run by amateurs who have no idea how to set up and implement simple user procedures. I wanted to add my voice to the list of people complaining about this poor service.

Please, PayPal, hire some credible, professional people to design and operate your website.

Login to Me Too

Katie153
New Community Member

I do NOT like the new invoice layout - it's become much more complicated.  You used to be able to 'Save' in one click at the bottom - now it takes two ('More' and 'Save').  And copying an invoice and re-using it is now more complicated too.  The old version let you delete an entry with one click - once again, now it takes two.  Give me back the old invoice layout! 

'

Login to Me Too

Christopher4u
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I agreed, the old format was perrrrrfect and professional. I don't know why it turn into a kiddieland format like twit-ter. What were they thinking???????? It is very hard to read all the way through, too big and bulky They must of hired outsourced web builder to do this.

Login to Me Too

antiquesok
Contributor
Contributor

I subscribe: 

Paypal is starting to become less proffesional .

We dont want an twitter like layout.  we just want the old interface back ,  CAN YOU F"%%^# SEE A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM STAFF. 

JUST PUT A GODDDAMN BUTTON TO SWITCH TO OLD VIEW ,   not  that current button who redirects me of the full history transaction..

Login to Me Too

antiquesok
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal Staff:

I currently work for someone who is using paypal to pay via ebay and so on.

I never experienced any issue with the Paypal site which is very good enough.

But let me tell you something:

You are forcing us, the users to use a new layout which is very terrible.

And I must say: you guys are nuts  ? at least have you checked your new layout for errors in various resolutions or browsers before making it public?

No, really , i just want to know why the f^& an user who does ONLY payments to upload a profile picture ( is paypal becoming an social platform? ),  or in different browsers most of informations not shows correctly .

In the new layout you put a bottom link to old account view which redirects the user to payment history . which is USELESS.

Most of us are not very pleased with this retarded new design.

I have called you in order to restore my old classic theme and a woman who barely speaks english tried to guide me to do things i have done before. 

I dont want to insult you ( even if you deserve that ) but dont force us , the users to show our rage  like you're forcing us to use a BUGGY theme . at least put back an button to switch for the old theme, be professional god dammit .

In case you did not understand what i mean let me do a quick recap:

1. THEME HAS BUGS, LOTS OF BUGS.   tested by myself on different OS'es, devices and resolutions.

2. PLEASE,  PUT A BUTTON TO RESTORE THE OLD CLASSIC DESIGN.

3. HIRE SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS PROPER ENGLISH,  NOT SOME SIGNAPORE, INDIA OR 3RD WORLD SPEAKERS WHO NEEDS TO REPEAT 3 TIMES TO GET THE BETTER PICTURE OF WHAT THEY MEAN.

I am waiting for an response in order to fix this issue. 

best regards.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@antiquesok

2. There is at the bottom of your paypal summary page.

3. How very rude.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

antiquesok
Contributor
Contributor

Which one mate? 

The one with the label " Back To Old Account View"  or the one from settings with the label " Classic Site " ? 

These two buttons redirects me to transaction history.

So, what are we talking about ?   

Login to Me Too

50stuf
Contributor
Contributor

I will never understand why ebay and paypal decide to change things and not tell us.  And then NOT give way to opt out.  Oh there is one but it has to be found.  Who are these DEVELOPERS who create this drivel without ever using it?  They certainly do not ask a Business seller liker me who has been here from the beginning.....NOooo that would be too smart, to ask the freakin users what they think...........At the very LEAST keep the classic version for those that want it, which I am guessing would be EVERYBODY...........

Login to Me Too

JFelstead
Contributor
Contributor

I get the impression that this is a "User" forum and that no PayPal representatives either post or monitor these boards. (If I am wrong someone please correct me)

Though we may rant and rave quite rightly about the changes and lack of consultation is everybody feeding back their dissatisfaction to PayPal? The last few times I logged in to my account there was a feedback option at the bottom and every time I repeat the same problems that users are experiencing.

If not already do this board subscribers should at least communicate your dissatisfaction via the feedback route. If we don't nothing will change (if at all)

Login to Me Too

RainyDP
Contributor
Contributor

You are correct, PP doesn't see any of this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.