Never a more horrifying/unstatisfying customer service experience/shocked it actually exists

Amber_Grace16
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, my name is Amber and I am the account holder for the paypal prepaid debit MasterCard for which I am writing sending this message in regards to. To be very honest, from the moment I started this account with paypal, even before I tried acquiring the paypal mastercard, I have honestly had nothing but problems and have experience multiple moments of extreme frustration! Just the simple and reasonable inquiries I made calling the call customer service number and trying to get information about how I could instantly transfer the available funds (that finally became available after a month of waiting already) to an account that would allow me to access to money immediately, or if that was even possible... could not have gone more wrong as far my customer experience is concerned.. Not once, not twice, no not even three,... But four times,,, FOUR TIMES I had to call in dialing the customer service number, and actually using both the regular paypal customer service number and the prepaid MasterCard customer number searching for the representative that actually knew for certain the exact and accurate steps involved in the whole process of obtaining a card and getting it set up for instant transfers. The first Rep, told me that there is no way of instantly transfering funds to receive cash same day. I even had to tell her about the Paypal MasterCard debit card and how I had heard that was an option. As soon as I had to basically answer, or should I say.. "Verify" that first question myself. The credibility of rep #1 had flown out the window for me. Round 2 calling in, 2nd PayPal rep told me that what I had heard was true and not only could I go to a local store to purchase the card right away, but I would also be able to do an immediate transfer from my PayPal account to the card and receive the cash in my hand that day. She told me what stores sold the card and have me basic instructions but said the instructions would also be sold with the card as well. As far as I was concerned up to that point, she had confidently answered my questions and I was fairly pleased with rep#2....that is til I went to 3 different stores and found no PayPal MasterCard debit to purchase. In fact, the managers got involved and had no recollection of even carrying the cards. I then was starting to become extremely upset, I still didn't have a card after 2 to 3 hours since my first call to paypal, and quite frankly lost all confidence in anything paypal customer service reps had to say, and I really was in dier financial straits.... Which driving around on a wild goose chase that I was sent on by PayPal, didn't make me any happier. Again, I spent more time out of my already jam packed day, looking up whatever I could find regarding purchasing the paypal prepaid MasterCard. Finally, after reading via web that it could be purchased at the local speedway has station, I payed the $4.95 to buy the card and unbenownced a $10 load that was required at purchase... But I finally had the card and thought it was a hectic journey but at least I got somewhere and ultimately got what I wanted. I shouldn't have thought like that so soon, especially knowing the experience with 2 reps in a row giving me wrong info. Well not so quickly, after spending the time setting up my account and trying to activate my card, link my card to my PayPal account... SURPRISE! was clearly experiencing a problem trying to activate and transfer money with my card. Again, very upset and more than irritated.. There I went again, calling into PayPal customer service... Not sure why I thought it might help and didn't just give up then....but ended up finding out that I had just wasted $15 I already definitely didn't have ( thought it would pay off by being able to get my funds) and that I could only transfer funds instantly with the permanent card that would come in the mail with my name on it in 7 to 10 business days. I expressed how irrate I was about this but no surprise got absolutely no where after I (( no exaggeration)) , seriously wasted the entire day of which I was supposed to spend moving into my new apartment, wasting money on a card that wouldn't end up solving my issue of needed money immediately, and wasted more money on top of all that driving around to stores I was told to go to by PayPal customer service rep #2!! I was so angry that rep #3 didn't see an issue with that, that I hung up and immediately called back in....but unfortunately, didn't get anywhere. I was honestly More blown away by my customer service experience in the worst way possible that I was more in stock how paypal had become such a successful business, after having my experience where not only did they not solve one issue of mine, but personally became the direct cause of even more issues that I didn't have before and certainly couldn't afford to have. I had enough and have up....I eventually found a friend with the card and was able to transfer the money on my account to her card and she withdrew it for me right away. I never did get my card and that wasn't surprising either but I was reminded of it just now when I noticed an email from paypal saying I had a declined transaction and they do that to protect my account... I do have a debit card attached to my PayPal account so I was concerned about it and clicked on it but of course the link that said to click on to see more details, shows nothing explaining the purpose of the email security notification. I saw that the card had been returned , for reasons unknown to me. However I would like to know what transaction tried to go through and was declined on July 5th... And just in case I ever want to take my chances and give it another try at a paypal account ...I'd like to have the option of being able to order another card if I ever decide I want to...These are the instructions that was decscribed I would have to do first in order to have that option.... I thought I would actually share my experience as well in case there is that slim chance someone actually cares ... I for one definitely Will not have high hopes or expectations, and for good reason I think. I definitely understand the different aspects of customer service and have always been patient with these reps because I have been in their shoes many times having 10 years working in customer service! Unfortunately the dreadful experience I went through is absolutely in no way, acceptable! It was my first time using my PayPal account and I had an excited attitude towards the idea in the beginning, unfortunately....because of the action, inaccurate information, an the unwilling to help or care attitude of the Paypal "customer service" reps.... has respresented PayPal the company in the worst way possible.. and unfortunately still, as of right now.. I will not be using the services offered by PayPal. - Amber ((Severely unhappy ex-beginner PayPal customer))
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amber_Grace16

Sorry not sure anyone is going to wade through that huge block of print.

Suggest editing and putting in some paragraphs.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wart
Contributor
Contributor

no its fine - shows that you have been driven crazy and have completely lost touch with reality and no longer find it necessary to follow societal, much less grammatical norms.  for example.....

all work, and no play makes jack a dull boy.

all work, and no play makes jack a

dull boy.  all work, and no play 

makes jack a dull boy. all

work,  and no play 

makes jack a

dull boy.

all

w

o

r

k

HERE'S JOHNNY !       

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.