Need to send money to my sister on the first of every month

zkevn
Contributor
Contributor

I need to send money to my sister on the first of every month.  I could send it to her email address.  How do I do that?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

zkevn
Contributor
Contributor

I checked with my bank and the way to do this is to use a feature they have called Bill Payment.  They will mail her a check every month.  Thanks for your help.  Too bad Paypal doesn't offer this.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately there no options to send a monthly amount from your end.   It would actually have to work in reverse in order to setup something like this.  Your sister, would have to have a Business Account, then create a Subscription button for you with the amount and frequency of payments.  You would then agree to the terms of the subscription and each month your account would be automatically billed for the set amount.   Your sister would also be charged each month a transaction processing fee (2.9% +$.30) which would be deducted from the amount received and the remaining balance would be deposited into her account.

Login to Me Too
Solved

zkevn
Contributor
Contributor

I checked with my bank and the way to do this is to use a feature they have called Bill Payment.  They will mail her a check every month.  Thanks for your help.  Too bad Paypal doesn't offer this.

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Good to hear you have an alternative solution !!!

Login to Me Too

zkevn
Contributor
Contributor

Well, she could still claim she had not received the check, which is why I wanted to do it electronically.  But I guess Paypal, Venmo, and Zelle haven't got that far yet.   If she claims she hasn't received the check, I will have to stop payment on the check and then issue another one.  Kind of a pain.

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Sorry to hear that.   You may just have to manually manage the payments using the Send Money feature for "Family and Friends".   At least you have a record of the transaction and the money will go to her PayPal Account Balance.

Login to Me Too

zkevn
Contributor
Contributor

Having to remember to send her a payment every month because Paypal does not support scheduled payments is a non-starter.   I will just stick with Bill Payment.  It seems like a more advanced solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.