Need paypal transaction id, guest checkout???

joeshmo1
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a product from a website that uses paypal as its checkout service.  I used a credit card and never signed into a paypal account.  I now need warranty work done on the item and the vendor is requesting a "paypal transaction ID" I dont have the 4+ month old email I recieved after checkout.  Theres a reference number on the credit card charge is that what there asking for?  Is there anyway I can get the email resent to the email registered to my paypal account if thats not it?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You'll need to contact the seller, they should have this PayPal transaction ID via their PayPal account.  Give them date of purchase and the amount.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

joeshmo1
Contributor
Contributor

As clearly stated in the post, the "seller" is the one asking me to verify the number for warranty work.  I emailed paypal several days ago, again CLEARLY asking this most basic question while including all the info they could possibly need to resend the email and have gotten no response other than, ironically, a survey asking how they did in responding to my question.  How could a company of this level be so incredibly incompetent at this magnitude of idiocy.  Is their no human being on their payrol and all the robots are far too incompetent to handle any basic question thats not covered in their autoanswers?  I have had nothing but misery dealing with paypal ever since the moment I started using this cancer years ago, if I could simply get the transaction ID as soon as possible and hopefully ill never have to see this site again. 

It's 16 numbers, sent to the email associated with this paypal account, all details including date purchased, website, vendor, order number, price, card used, ect has been emailed to customer so called support.  NO RESPONSE.....still waiting......

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi joeshmo1,

From reading through your post, I can feel your frustration. If you are unable to locate the email sent at the time of this purchase, we can work with you to have this email/PayPal transaction ID re-sent. 

In order to assist you further, I recommend reaching out to our teams directly at 1-888-221-1161 or on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance. 

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.