Money Pak issues

bcairnsdds
New Community Member

DO NOT USE MONEY PAK  TO FUND YOU PAYPAL ACCOUNT!!!!  This is a joke.  I bought a Money Pak (cash only, my friends), waited the 15 minutes before I could transfer the funds into my PayPal account.  "PayPal now requires you to provide your name, address, date of birth, and Social Security Number in order for Green Dot to verify your identity before you can use the Money Pak to add money to your PayPal account."  I entered all the information as requested and get a never-ending pop-up box saying "Validating Address Information".  Shame on you, PayPal and Green Dot for ripping the public off!  I will NEVER use Money Pak again.  Way to go PayPal - I will avoid you at all costs as well.  I smell a class-action lawsuit in the making!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Susie
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi bcairnsdds,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

Please know you are welcome to reach out to us when you experience issues like the loop you were in and we'd be happy to help.

Green Dot MoneyPak is just like any PayPal products and services, your security is a top priority for us, and we take every precaution to ensure your information is kept safe.

Due to the Bank Secrecy Act amendments in July of 2011, Money Service Businesses (such as PayPal) are required to verify the identity of a person prior to providing various services or customer elected product offerings.

The US Patriot Act also requires PayPal to implement a Customer Identification Program (CIP). Each country or region may have specific CIP requirements that require collection of customer data such as Name, Address, Date of Birth, and National/Tax ID number (SSN) AND verification of this information.

If we are unable to verify the CIP information, specific actions may be required. These actions will at a minimum result in denial of the requested product or service.

I'm also attaching a link with FAQ's regarding the Green Dot MoneyPak and PayPal:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/greendot-moneypak

I hope this information explains the reason why the information is being requested.

-Susie

Login to Me Too

Coconuts13
New Community Member

I have NEVER had the screen come up before, until yesterday. 

And somehow, I kept getting a message claiming PayPal did not have my social security number. 

So then I tried going back to my PayPayl account and entering it inl.  To no avail.  As soon as I changed the page, or even kept that page open and opened Greendot in a new tab, it would still claim I had not entered my SSN.

And then I have PayPal telling me it's Greendot's fault and vice versa.  Over 4 hours on the phone yesterday with NO results.  Just to load $38.  And then I can get a refund, minus the $4.95 - in a week or two?

I don't care when the laws changed, all I want to do is be able to load my money.  If I had known it was going to be this big of a deal, I would have simply used my cred card that's linked.  And no, I'm not going to pay another $40 while I'm waiting for my original money back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.