Lousy customer service and no reason to use paypal again

afazil
New Community Member

I received and email from PayPal inviting me to come back and use PayPal again and they would give me $10 (email received on May 9).  I had to pay for registration for a camp in the amount of approx $790.  The amount that went through Paypal ended up being approx $27 more.  OK, so perhaps that was an error.  Called PayPal expecting a simple resolution.  Got passed between 3 people for 30 min.  ultimately ending up with an agent who seemed to be quite reasonable and indicated that given the circumstances and in good faith to try to keep me using paypal he would credit the $27 back to my account.  He said it would take about 5min or so and it should show up.  Checked my account later in the afternoon and nothing there.  Called PayPal again and after waiting on hold finally got someone who said there was not record of this on my file and the previous agent did not leave any notes.  So, waitied and this agent first tried to say that the charge was for currency conversion (which it was not and she then admitted it was not).  She then transfered me to someone else who tried to say they would send the request to the backoffice and that i shold wait 24hrs to see what happened.  After my morning experience i was not going to do that so i asked for a manager.  The manager was in fact the worst at customer service.  I indicated to him the history of the process and the fact that i had now wasted the entire day sitting on hold and chasing after this discrepancy to which he said i was out of luck and should speak to the vendor.  I then asked him why i shoudl use paypal as opposed to my visa card directly (because they would do a lot better to look after me in a situaiton like this), he said it was too bad i felt that way and there was notthign he could do.

So:  PayPal send out email saying please come back we will give you $10.  I go back and end up paying $27 more than i wanted.  I get lousy customer service, i waste my day chasing nothing.

If paypal is listening i have the managers name and id number (if its real) I will send it to you off line.  At the very least you need to do some customer service training.  God knows i will not be using paypal ever again.  I will also be telling anyone and everyone about my experience.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.