Knockoffs

Protoman_20XX
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently bought an item off ebay and the add claims the item is authentic but I received a clear knockoff.  I filed a dispute but apparently I have to pay more money to have it shipped back to them in the hopes that they actually refund me my money (less shipping).  Is this normal?  Are they really allowed to list something as real and sell you a knockoff and make you pay return shipping?  The case won't even allow me to ask paypal what the hell?  May just never use paypal again if this is normal.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Protoman_20XX

Unfortunately you have to foot return costs yourself as ebay cant force them to, but a good seller would refund you return costs have you asked the seller to refund return costs?

You could report the seller to ebay for selling counterfits and block them on your block bidders list and leave appropriate feedback that might make them think twice

If they do refund all your costs you could always change your feedback if you want to but the seller would have to request it

Login to Me Too

Protoman_20XX
Contributor
Contributor

It baffles me that paypal's customer service is so bad that they don't just allow scammers to con people out of money but assist the scammers in doing so by forcing you to either give up on the claim or pay more on shipping than the item was even worth to maybe get a refund.  They have to know this is going on.  Thanks for letting me know.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.