I got auto-logged into a strangers PayPal, also a unauthorized transaction on mine.

ArendE
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal, you have some serious trouble in your system. During payment I got automatically logged into some strangers account via One-Touch (some guy named Paul, see screenshot. I also have his e-mailadres, contact me for that). Also he or perhaps someone else got logged into my account, since there has been made an unauthorized transaction (reported under case PP-005-396-792-974). This is worrying me that this can happen, since you are such a big payment provider. Also I see nowhere an option to report such a high priority system problem, the customer service is closed and the chat is dead. I hope this way will get me some results.

notme.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ArendE
Contributor
Contributor

An update on this: The case was closed and I've received a refund for the unauthorized transaction. How I could have been auto-logged in into someone else's account remains a mystery to me, but I think their technicians will have to work that out.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

ArendE
Contributor
Contributor

An update on this: The case was closed and I've received a refund for the unauthorized transaction. How I could have been auto-logged in into someone else's account remains a mystery to me, but I think their technicians will have to work that out.

Login to Me Too

beemail75
Contributor
Contributor

Scary that this could happen... I will not use PayPal's One Touch system; thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.