I believe Paypal has been hacked, be carefull everybody.

WSMwsm
New Community Member

Serious Fraud on my Account on the weekend, My passord was one no one in myfamily even could have figured out. I was told by a paypal supervisor Monday my money would be returned within two days. somebody accessed my account changed my address etc and it was supposed to be all fixed as of Monday this week. There is no balance avail in my account, paypal took the money from my bank.
So no credit as promised and now my bank account has extra charges, this put me overdrawn so interest charges, Overdrawn expenses $45 and
Now no money for myself either, I was maxed right out with cash then Over draft they took it all - and it has not been fixed.
When I tried to call again today, I was told to arrange a callback it would take minimum 45 minutes... and would call back, no call back today. It will be a week tomorrow and I am out almost a thousand dollars from PayPal which is supposed to be so very secure.   Watch your account everybody.. Change your password,  Be Safe

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WSMwsm

Suggest you do an antivirus and a check for keylogger malware on your own computer rather than worrying about paypals security as 218 million paypal accounts would be affected if you are correct.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ericfolson
New Community Member

With any security breach there is always a first person to experience the new crime. And with this mentality no one will believe the first complainant until many other people have also filed a complaint.

With PayPal being completely faultless in this alleged crime such a lengthy administrative delay would make any PayPal user grow increasingly uneasy about the security systems in place.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ericfolson

As this person posted nearly a week ago and no one else has been affected the my mentality was probably correct, ie it was the security on his own computer which is normally the result of 'hacked' paypal accounts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.