How to switch back to Paypal's "Classic View" home page?

SnowedInn
New Community Member

Where is the switch back to classic view?  It's not on my summary page?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

apollothethird
Contributor
Contributor

@wooladdiction wrote:

I was preparing to start selling on ebay again so was updating all my accounts (I had moved). Now I see that classic view has been removed from options on paypal. How disappointing. This new method is so much more cumbersome. That and all the new garbage added on eBay makes me think it isnt worht my time or energy for the little bit of money I would be getting. So much less stressful to just take my items to Goodwill and donating them.

Hi, Wooladdiction.  It's there at present.  You can get to it by first clicking on "Activity", then at the very bottom, almost hidden in a blue band in white letters it says:

CAn't find sometihng?  For a limited time you can still use the Classic view of Activity.

Clicking the link above should take you to it.

[Removed due to privacy concerns]

Login to Me Too

delvec

Thank you.

Your link to Classic View of Activity works and I have bookmarked it!

Login to Me Too

deyna-boyd
Contributor
Contributor

HOW do you switch back to the CLASSIC look on Paypal???

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deyna-boyd

Think they have stopped that option now.

But you can still see transactions on classic site by clicking on the details of the transaction and scrolling to the bottom of the page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

deyna-boyd
Contributor
Contributor

thank you

Login to Me Too

Monija

I have called several times to express my HATE for this new view. Not only is it for children, it is missing some of the main components that I use PayPal; one being the "Mulitiple Order Shipping"! How could you forget that?!!!! I dont have time to keep writting and calling, please switch my view PERMANENTLY to the "Classic" view. 

Login to Me Too

apollothethird
Contributor
Contributor

@Monija wrote:

I have called several times to express my HATE for this new view. Not only is it for children, it is missing some of the main components that I use PayPal; one being the "Mulitiple Order Shipping"! How could you forget that?!!!! I dont have time to keep writting and calling, please switch my view PERMANENTLY to the "Classic" view. 

Are you aware that Paypal hasn't removed the "Classic" view?  It just defaults differently now?  It's my impression that they won't remove it as long as the users keeps using it.  They are probably tracking the features the users are using, and may eventually incoporate those features into the new interface.

I strongly agree with you concerning the value of the features availabe in the "Classic" view, which I use all the time.

-- L. James

Login to Me Too

heavyharmonies
Contributor
Contributor

I'm afraid you are incorrect. I logged in this afternoon to find myself in the garbage new interface. I called in to have it switched back (as I've had to the last 2 times this happened) and was told that Classic Mode is gone forever and there is no way to be switched back.

Thanks for nothing, PayPal.

Morons.

Login to Me Too

apollothethird
Contributor
Contributor

@heavyharmonies wrote:

I'm afraid you are incorrect. I logged in this afternoon to find myself in the garbage new interface. I called in to have it switched back (as I've had to the last 2 times this happened) and was told that Classic Mode is gone forever and there is no way to be switched back.

Thanks for nothing, PayPal.

Morons.

I use it every day.  This is the link from one of my previous message is Classical View  Are you saying you don't see the classical view in that linnk?

You can also locate classical view by click (from the main page http://www.paypal.com) Activity -> (Then look at the blue scrip at the bottom and click Classic view of Activity.)

Are you saying neither of those methods work for you?

-- L. James

Login to Me Too

narspt

Anyway that "workaround" is only for the activity page really, right?

I would really like to switch the whole site to Classic view... the new "Kids design", as others correctly call it, is really bad... very uncomfortable to use, badly structured, missing features... just no sense!  Maybe good for smartphone/tablet usage... but no sense at all to force it for PC...

PayPal please hear users and allow us to switch to the Classic website style again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.