Help from Service center employee

Bilka
New Community Member

I have received received an e-mail from paypal tsaying hat my password has just been changed. While this, not being done by me, I immediately dialed the phone provided in the mail. I have encountered the following inconveniences, which I really beleive will improve the customer service.

I was helped and provided with the necessary security, at the end, but there is a lot of space for improvement!  So, the issues were (are) the following:

First, I had to call a number in the US, while my account is registered in Bulgaria, Europe and my bank accounts in PayPal are all European. Now  this long oversea conversation is not cheap, even nowadays.

Second, after the automated pre-recored answers were played, I was redirected to a unresponsive and slow voice robot..

And Third, after an operator picked up the phone. I was struggling to understand her, because she either had a speaking defect or she was with flu. Both of which are "slightly" unappropriate for an operator of a call center. Furthermore, I believe because of her good mood, when she heard that I am from Bulgaria, she decided to entertain herself with a very unsuccesful eastern-european accent, which was, again, slightly not on spot while somebody's account is, probably, being hacked.

P.S. 

In the end, it appeared that this could have been an old notification and the password has not been changed, which actaully makes this whole thing excessive (in the middle of the working day) ! Which also is another thing to look at in your system to avoid this unneccessary friction between customers and customer support!

I did not hear the name of the operator, but if this feedback needs to be verified, I had called on 25th of August, 2016 at 14.25 central european suumer time (UTC +2.00)

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.