Guilty Until Proved Innocent? Really?

AccusedCriminal
Contributor
Contributor

Been with Pay Pal for years and now Pay Pal claims that they must with-hold my earnings from ebay because I'm new to ebay? Guess what, "I'm not new to ebay I've sold $100's of dollars of stuff on ebay before." 

I've been selling from Pay Pal for over five (9) years and now I have to re-prove my loyalty as an honest Pay Pal member?

Almost two hundred dollars now being with-held from me by Pay Pal (things I've already sold on ebay) and now I can no longer afford to ship whatever I sell on ebay because of Pay Pal's actions against me.  Normally when a buyer pays me through pay pal I can then afford to pay the shipping costs that the buyer paid me to "pay for." 

I closed down my ebay to now wait almost one full month, according to pay pal procedure, so that I can afford to re-open my ebay and sell again.

20 days is a long time to wait in fact isn't that enough time for Pay Pal to make some $$$ off the inerest of my money which pay pal is witholding from me?

No matter what the reason is this is not how pay pal customers (buyers or sellers) should be treated.  Especially those whom have been with Pay Pal for YEARS.  

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Maclebon85
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had an item I wanted to buy on Etsy, so I paid the seller thought PP.  I have used PP for years, and my husband uses it at our business.   

I kept waiting to see the item shipped, but after two days, the seller told me it had not been paid.  I looked and PP had debited my bank account, but hadn't paid the seller.  

The phone calls I made to PP, to get an answer were numerous.  I always spoke with someone in the Phillipines, who didn't understand, and kept apologizing.  I didn't want an apology, I wanted the coat I'd paid for.  It took a week of phone calls, sometimes three a day, to find out, that the word, "Persian" in the item description was the problem.  Any word associated with Iran, was flagged by the Treasury Dept.  No kidding!! So, PPs excuse was, since they were only doing what the government said, it was out of their hands, until it had gone though their legal dept. and cleared.  I was told it could take up to 100 some days to clear.  

I eventually got a supervisor on the phone, and even after having requested notes to be put in my file stating times and dates I'd called, had to retell my problem, yet again.  He told me it had cleared their legal dept., only to go to a third party for review.  A third party not associated with PP.  WHAT??? 

I had had enough, so I told him, I knew he had people who threatened to sue PP, but I actually could afford to.  All I had to do, was call our company attorney and sue PP for theft!  We finished our conversation with no change in status.  He said it was out of his hands, so I said goodbye, and hung up.  Within five hours, to my surprise, my money cleared and PP refunded it directly back into my account.  Whether, act of God or not, I only got results when I threatened to sue!  SAD!

Login to Me Too

AccusedCriminal
Contributor
Contributor

I've no interest in legal action but if that's the way PP wants it then I'm ready to legally protect myself. Already sent PP a message concerning Florida law.  Should the next message will be from my states attorneys office?   Who knows.  Let's see what happens.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.