Got skinned; what happened???

mojave_joe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I had filed a dispute against a dishonest seller because I purchased an amplifier, which was not adequitely layered and double boxed as it should have been for shipping.  The amp arrived damaged.  I submitted a dispute with plenty of pictures.  The seller all but called Me a liar saying that He owns a Packing Business and packed the amp as per eBay rules, etc...   Bottom line, tha amp was damaged and didnot work properly and I submitted good highresolution pics of the box, singlelayer bubblewrap used, etc... as well as the damages done to the amp.  I was told to wait until Jan 29th to upgrade to a claim....  Yeah, right...

I then filed negative feedback because of some nastiness the seller continued to say to me as well as bomb My message box with messages.   Sooooo, next thing i know, eBay dispute dept closes out My claim!!!  WTF; how is this possible?

Aparently the seller got eBay to delete my negative feedback against the seller, which was well warranted and then the seller opened/escallated My claim and then closed it a minute later which closed out my case, leaving Me with no recourse!

How is this possible?  What recourse do I have?    Thanks for Your Help, Mojave_joe..  

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do not get into a fight match and be emotional when in a dispute.  You lose focus of the objective and the next thing you know, you get the whammy.  Leave feedback last.

Let's look ahead now. Did you file a SNAD dispute on PayPal?  Sellers are not protected for that.  They usually have to accept return but you pay return shipping.  Beware of the deadlines, follow the directions on screen and via email and respond quickly.

Required reading, read the I'm a seller section too as it describes the resolution process there:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

Knowledge is power.  Good luck.  Any questions, just post back.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Or, if you like, you can appeal eBay's decision:

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sr?query=1484&topicName=Appealing+the+decision+on+a+case&st=6&levelHier...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

appeal with Ebay,what is the reason for losing the dispute?

for item not as described,buyer usually win and seller pays for return shipping.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can file chargeback with your cc issuer,you may no even have to return the item.

and he would face a $20 chargeback fee.  

Login to Me Too

mojave_joe
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for Your Feedback, which I just found on am email account I rarely use.  I wish I would have had this info back when You sent it as I was fit to be tied; the rotton **bleep**!  Hey, It was just time for Me to take one for the team and I repaired the amp and all is well again.  I just didn't want to spend the $100 return shipping.  eBay shot me down because I had opened the back of the amp up to ascess the damage which is against their rules, which I never heard of.  Thanks again, Jim.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.