Glitching Transactions and Bad Customer Service

AMRoots
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal changed my payment method to an e-check without my consent and then when that didn't work for the transaction, it used my backup credit card. When I called to complain, Kelly, customer service representative denied any responsibility for it being a paypal glitch. She was not helpful and made it sound like it was my fault.

It should always use my preferred payment method, unless I change it myself. I should never have to worry about it being changed without my consent. How could there possibly be a customer service representative arguing with me about this? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AMRoots

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer from your bank account.

BUT they don't HAVE to credit the seller in advance for you and for some transactions they don't take that risk, instead you have to take the wait for the funds to transfer ie an echeque.

That is unless you have a card listed as your primary funding source in the first place?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AMRoots
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass, I do have a card listed as my primary funding source, which is why I am confused. I really would've preferred to pay that way. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AMRoots

Gosh thats weird then, i have my card as my primary source and its never happened to me.

Did they explain WHY the glitch happened?

I would have been a bit miffed as it could have left you overdrawn at the bank?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.