Reply to topic
dnltolman
dnltolman Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 2

Re: Paypal funds hold, big problem!

no only are we out the shipping costs, we are out the ebay fees, and the credit card fees too !  and they hold the money till the buyer is happy, when for some ungawdly reason they choose to want their money back they get it almost instantly !   (dealing with that right now)  and kids we are still out ALL those fees, from everywhere and IF you get the item back, good luck, nothing they will do about it on the flip side.  my buyer claims to have shipped the item back, yet I have seen noting, and paypal could care less !  BUT SHE HAS HER MONEY BACK ... and I am just **bleep**ed ...

not real happy with the seller protection right now ...  

hating ebay AND paypal...

RDM5301
RDM5301 New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 2

good luck. Ive been waiting a month for 50 bucks. what did you find out?

CVE
CVE New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0

I too received this email and immediately withdrew all my funds from PayPal.  I will no longer accept payments via Paypal on eBay until they change this ridiculous practice.  It would be different if I had done anything that appeared to be fraudulent but there is nothing in my history (other than I haven't sold much lately) to warrant their actions.  I would be very interested if there is any legal action taken against Paypal for their policies.

yourhandyman
yourhandyman Contributor
Contributor

CVE, what tye of payment processing are you using now?  Would love to drop PP unless/until they change this ridiculous money-holding thing, but I have no idea what other options are out there to receive payments.  Thanks for any info!

milanp167
milanp167 Member

I found out after a long discussion with paypal if you enter the tracking # on paypal and wait 3 days and call paypal they will release the funds! I hope this helps! peace!

outlandeer
outlandeer Member

Please do keep me updated on your option for recourse.  PayPal  has "lost" a transferred payment from February, $1661....Bank transferring monies provided transactions but cannot get PayPal to acknowledge, post, refund charged credit..Only get phone calls that are either answered by   lies, can't assist but will investigate or try to transfer me to proper accounting desk,which never goes thru.  I''m sick of it, don't want phone service, I want email with something o document before next step

highswr
highswr Member

I have a 100% rating at ebay, and 5 stars.  PAYPAL just emailed me to state that they were putting a hold on all my receipts until they further review my account.  The **bleep** with them, I am looking at an internet merchant account to accept credit card payments direct.  I have never had a disputed sell, never missed a payment, and have always had a good balance in my account to cover everything.  5 phone calls and 2 unanswered emails and I still don't know excactly why.

ARS
ARS New Community Member
New Community Member

Paypal has also started to "hold funds" on my sales since @ the 1st of the year. 3 yrs on eBay and over 250 positive feedback (100%) 75 plus sales and never a problem. They told me it was a random hold and would be reviewed in 35 days. Well, after 45 days I called and one person stated that my DSR was low 4.9-5-5-5, I complained and was switched to snother who said my info needed to be updated. I checked it while still on the phone and it everything was fine. Then they transfered me to a last person who stated that accourding to their "legal agreement with eBay" I have to sell 25 items within any "rolling 60 day period". Since ebay owns paypal and you cannot accept money orders cash or checks anymore, it amounts to nothing more than a monopoly "floating" alot of cash. They have over $500 in my account and state that they are in their right to "hold it" for up to 21 days due to their disclaimer. AND now theyare trying to sell me on the idea of adding PayPal to my separate business website (nothing to do with selling on eBay). They are saying that this is this is this and Paypal business in "different". Do they really think people are fools. This smells like a juicy class action suit as from the looks of these posts, there is a ton of money they are floating. Now that I had to sign in, I will probably never see my money. They are still holding money after positive feedback has been left

Refundcomplete
Refundcomplete New Community Member
New Community Member

Please let me know what you find out as I have confirmation from a cancellation that the transaction was cancelled before the funds were transferred now I am waiting for Paypal to refund me.  When I look on my account transactions it reflects that the process is complete but I am still waiting for the funds to be paid back so I can close this darned account.

heyjude995
heyjude995 Member

Very unhappy about this practice - put Seller's at risk of not receiving payment and dealing with unaccepted returns!!!!