Reply to topic
jcha3696
jcha3696 New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 3

Re: Paypal funds hold, big problem!

Yes i had a buyer come and pick up a bed i sold and since it wasnt shipped and theres no tracking number paypal wont release my funds. do they do this to everyone? the buyer already left feedback and everything!

CharlesPA
CharlesPA Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 9

jcha3696 wrote:

Yes i had a buyer come and pick up a bed i sold and since it wasnt shipped and theres no tracking number paypal wont release my funds. do they do this to everyone? the buyer already left feedback and everything!

exactly, ebay is off their rocker and we just need to quit using ebay and paypal. It really is that simple. Strength in numbers people.

dautoman
dautoman Member
Kudos: 0

[ Edited ]

They did it to me. Sold patio chairs, local pick up only. The guy got them, and they held my money!! I called and all they kept telling me was enter your tracking number. Hello **bleep**!!! It was a pick up!!!! Finally after talking to 3 different people and explaining it every time, I demanded a supervisor and got it reversed. What a pain in the butt this company is!!!

nkatlanta
nkatlanta Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 18

Locate your state Money Transmittor Regulator....if you go to the Ebay site, search the forums for Reversing the 21 Hold Delay...there is a list by State.  My understanding is this may indeed be illegal by your state laws.  

Bottom line for me, paypal and ebay have lost me as a customer.  Hope many follow suit.  This is ridiculous that they hold my money, i'm out shipping costs and no longer have the product.  I have no recourse.

Doesntmakesense
Doesntmakesense Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 7

Searched the forums for a couple of hours, can't find "Reversing the 21 Hold Delay" on any of the threads. The eBay forums are as full of fed up sellers as are the PayPal. If I can find a site that's not Craigslist that I can auction on, I'll take it in a minute. I'm mostly a buyer but I'm horrified by the unethical but legal business practices of both eBay and PayPal.

nkatlanta
nkatlanta Contributor
Contributor

CharlesPA
CharlesPA Contributor
Contributor

nkatlanta wrote:

Here is the link for the money transmitters website:

http://www.mtraweb.org/docs/2012_Contact_list-for-General-Questions-Money-Transmission.pdf

Thanks

Doesntmakesense
Doesntmakesense Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 7

Paypal funds hold, big problem!

Okay Boys and Girls,

Now we're getting somewhere.  This link http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/02/24/ebays-got-a-paypal-problem/ will take you to the February 2012 article in Fortune Magazine about the problems that we're all dealing with right now. I think that we're getting people's attention.  KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!!!!

CharlesPA
CharlesPA Contributor
Contributor

nkatlanta wrote:

Locate your state Money Transmittor Regulator....if you go to the Ebay site, search the forums for Reversing the 21 Hold Delay...there is a list by State.  My understanding is this may indeed be illegal by your state laws.  

Bottom line for me, paypal and ebay have lost me as a customer.  Hope many follow suit.  This is ridiculous that they hold my money, i'm out shipping costs and no longer have the product.  I have no recourse.

I'm on my way out too. As soon as I get my money.   :smileyhappy:

nkatlanta
nkatlanta Contributor
Contributor

So my Paypal transfer to my bank finally goes through after 3 days.  I then try to close my Paypal account,  but because I owe Ebay my seller's fees, they won't let me close my account.

Thought everyone would appreciate this---I owe Ebay  $6.66.   Get it?  666