HaroldC
HaroldC Member
Kudos: 0

How and why :(

I was really excited when i sold my first item on ebay.

When i sold it, i left positive feedback for the buyer for a fast payment. I went to check my paypal to get the shipping info and it says something like i have to wait 21 days to receive payment.

So i get shipping information and i didn't have enough funds in my account (It's being hold from me) to pay for the shipping so i chose the cheapest one. When i get to the post office the guy tells me that i selected the wrong shipping for the size of the package, so i had to pay out of pocket. Thankfully he subtracted the difference that i already paid.

The buyer received his item and left positive feedback, he also sent me another thank you in a private message.

So now the buyer is in his home using his new item, while i'm sitting here writting this message with no money.

Groove
Groove New Community Member
New Community Member

Re: Unnecessary Payment Review

Nicholas-Wood wrote:

I heard that PayPal reviews payments that might look suspicious and fradulent. However, I do not see anything suspicious/fradulent about my friend sending me $95.00 USD as a GIFT. I was not selling any item on the internet, the money was a mere gift from my friend to me. Therefore, PayPal should've never put my payment under a review.

After I checked my PayPal balance, my payment was no longer under a review. I soon to realize that my payment was reversed.

That is completely unfair! Who on Earth returns other people gifts back to the person who gave them the gift in the first place! This is now my second problem using PayPal and my second payment which was under a review.

I really need a moderator here to help solve my problem. Thanks.

- Nicholas

I really wish I had an answer for you, hoss.  PayPal has recently gotten out of the money transfer business & into the **bleep**ing people over business.  PayPal has a very twisted way of doing business, & as a result, I will personally be winding down all of my business dealings with them in the next couple of months.  Once I'm done with them, I'll be breathing a sigh of relief.  I just sold an item on eBay, it was delivered 2 days ago, & PP still won't let me withdraw the $$$ to my bank account.  PP just plain ol' **bleep** **bleep**, & I recommend you conclude your dealings with them & be done with them as I am...

G.

nkatlanta
nkatlanta Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 18

I was quite surprised that my funds were actually released 3 days after the tracked item was delivered.  I did start calling Paypal daily after the tracking information was posted and asked them when my funds were going to be released.  I am now waiting for my bank to post the transaction.  Why in this day and age does it take 3 days to post a electronic transaction?

Bottom line; I ended up shipping the item priority mail with a tracking receipt (additional .75) I lost money on my shipping costs.  So between shipping, Paypal costs and Ebay fees, I've decided it's just not worth using Ebay or Paypal any longer.  I've been very successful using Craigslist.  I also hear that ebid is a good choice.  Anyone out there use them?

Deelor
Deelor Member
Kudos: 4

I to have heard good things about E-Bid and will be using their services instead.

fuzzball
fuzzball Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 15

Avoid Ebid.  That company has incredibly bad customer service.  They can only be contacted by email and make you wait and sometimes they take forever to get anything done.

ktmc1070
ktmc1070 Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 5

Re: Payment Holds Feedback

I find it incredibly loathsome that our funds are being held for any amount of time.  When we are paid for an item the funds should be made available to us immediately as was done before.  I am sure that PayPal would not be very happy if we withheld our payments to it for any length of time, needless to say how many zillion dollars we would be charged for such an action.  It is beyond unfair!!!!!  : (

PlazaLiz
PlazaLiz New Community Member
New Community Member

Re: When does paypal lift the restriction on funds held?

I think this is a slimy practice for those of us receiving positive feedback. It's an underhanded way to keep funds in their account longer. They are receiving fees for services rendered but want to cash in by holding on to our money a few weeks. Very poor customer service policy.
lilacgs
lilacgs New Community Member
New Community Member

So basically what you are saying is:

Go ahead peons...talk amongst yourselves....we are going to do what we want, no matter what you say. Your feedback has no effect, but we will put it all in one place so you can all feel better.

Deelor
Deelor Member
Kudos: 4

With everyone writing the Attorney General, and getting the problem media attention in magazines, 60 minutes, 20/20 etc

not to mention the local and regional shows ( of which I own two talk shows and a magazine, and will be featuring this topic to the public) They may have no choice but to review their policies.

I have already told my Attorney Generals office and they are looking into it. So is the FDIC for legalities.

We are telling people of the new policy and giving them suggestions on other services to use.

This will be a huge black eye for both Pay Pal and E-Bay, but they will lose sellers, customers and future business. We can see it happening already.

I sold a handbag for 40.00 recently, I do not sell a lot but am also being targeted. I wrote my client and told her that she had two choices and that it was nothing against her, but I would mail the item when Pay Pal released my money, or I would be happy to refund it if she did not want to wait. She agreed the policy was stupid and agreeded to wait.

nkatlanta
nkatlanta Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 18

Ok--check this one out...so I transfer my (finally) released funds to my bank account.  Nothing showed up for the 2nd day.  So I contact my bank and ask them about incoming transfers and how long it takes to post to my account.  I'm told if transferred before 4PM PT, they'll show up that day if coming from the US.  It will take 2 days if from Canada or Mexico. 

I'm intrigued now...so I call Paypal and ask them where they do the electronic transfers from.  I'm told they use a company in Omaha, NE and it will take 3-5 days to transfer the money to my account.  So I wait again....

I'm thinking I will close my Ebay account and have them mail me my invoice, then tie up my payment for 26 days.