First I get robbed by the company now PayPal

HelplessNow
Contributor
Contributor

I unknowingly made a $50 purchase of 5 items through an overseas company pretending to be American. I received 1 item out of the 5 and it was 6 sizes too small it wouldn't even fit my little girl so since that one was too small I know that the other four items which I ordered the same size would also be too small the other four items have not shipped yet and will not ship for another two to three weeks according to the seller.

I emailed the seller to explain that I wanted a refund and where I could send the item back to I received an email stating they will refund my $11 for the item that I received that did not fit. I did not hear anything back from the seller so I opened a dispute with PayPal and the title of the dispute was item not as described because it was not as described it was supposed to be one size and it was not it was six sizes smaller. In the meantime about two days later I received an email from the seller stating they will refund the $11 for that item. So I went back to Pay Pal I wanted to let them know that the seller was going to refund the one item however I still have not received my other four items and there was no place for me to document until Pay Pal that this was partially resolved. So I close the case because item not as described was taken care of and resolved however I have not received the other four items so I closed the case and tried to open a new one with the title items not received because it is an entirely new issue the seller is stating that they will not issue a refund that I should receive the items October 29th or thereabout.

The computer would not let me open a new case so I contacted customer service and they said oh no problem we will take care of you we take care of our buyers and we will help you so instead of opening a new case they said we will just file an appeal and explain the situation so they did and about 12 hours later I received an email that stated we're sorry you cannot open another case once you close it and we suggest that next time you don't close the case sorry we can't help you if you ever have any other problems please let us know.

I did not want to appeal the case I needed to open a new one because this was a completely new issue this now had turned into items not received I sent them the email from the seller stating they will not issue a refund however PayPal is still telling me they are refusing to let me open a new case with a new title because it is a new problem it is not still item not as described now it is items not received so PayPal knows that I have not received my items not only because I told them but also because the seller has it in the email and I sent that as evidence to PayPal.

Am I wrong to ask for a refund for items that I have not receive that I ordered 3 weeks ago and that when I asked the seller to cancel the order which has not shipped yet they refused.  Isn't PayPal supposed to help me and go after the seller for not letting me cancel the order that has not shipped and they should refund my money from this sorry company in China that has totally **bleep** me out of my money.

So I have not only been **bleep** by a company in China now I'm being **bleep** by PayPal and I have been with them for a long time and I have a non-profit organization with them as well. Can somebody answer the question does PayPal only certain people because that is what it seems like they are refusing to help me and they know I got robbed they're sitting by watching me get up and watching my money gets stolen.

Help someone, because PAypal won't!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The only time you can re-open the case is that you file item not received and then you or seller closed it as you receive your item.

Then you find out it is 6 sizes too small,then you open a case of item not as described,then Paypal will review the case and make you return the items on your dime with tracking.  

Is this an Ebay purchase?

If so,you may be able t o open a case on Ebay but first-

did the seller say they are based in USA?

do they have an address in USA/

If their ship from address is USA,then all you have to do is to return the one item back to them in USA with tracking under item not as described and get a full refund,they would have to provide you with a shipping label.

If they say they are in China and registered on Ebay as based in China,then did the first item arrived with tracking to show it has been delivered,if not ,file item not received (you have to go back to the listing and see the estimated delivery date,you cant find item not received before that date)  .

Dont buy anything from overseas seller unless you are willing to pay return shipping with tracking and sometimes signature ($750 or more).

The only way you can get online viewable signature is thru a private carrier like DHL,Fed Exp,UPS and it would cost you anywhere from 80-100 for light items. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I said if you open a case of item not received and then close it,you can re-open the case as item not as described.but not the reverse.

YOU CANNOT FIRST OPEN ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED,THEN ITEM NOT RECEIVE.

I know in your case,you are saying you just receive 1 when you order 5,but if their delivery date is October 25,you just have to wait for the other 4 to arrive.

There is no way to find out if an overseas ecommerce site is a large company or someone who just go to the factory and pick up a few items when order comes in?

In China,some will go thru the dumpster at the back of the factory looking for rejects,or they are given merchandise as severance pay,or they just go to a wholesale market and pick up a few here and a few there,some could be stolen on the factory floor.

They sent you one ,and now they are looking for 4 more ,you just have to wait,of course the ideal thing is ask them to cancel the order,but who knows,may be the 4 or 5 arriving in October could be the right size.

Your $50 is Chinese dollar $300 +,they are not going to refund easily,so be patient,the rest of the order could be on the way(you said your daughter has no problem with them)  

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

With most ecommerce site,there is an About me page ,usually they give you an address or phone number or contact email ,if China,it would end with a country code of CN?? or their phone number will have a country code of China. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Then you last resort is to file with your cc issuer,if you have used your credit card with Paypal.

What you have gone thru is so typical of CHINESE orders which went amok,wrong size,cheap material,no response.,missing quantity,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.