Filing Cout Papers for Holding My Money

Hellion777
Contributor
Contributor
I am over this "holdin funds" issue for the "high risk" excuse they keep giving for the past 3 months. Paypal is single handedly ruining my tiny little eBay business that had full potential to blossom. I had a solid plan to where I could go to work part time and focus on what I wanted to do. However, I sell my items and they hold the money and I am unable to go out and purchase replacement items to present to my customers. I buy and sell music memorabilia. It is not a business that I can plan purchasing items in 14 days down the road. It is something I have to do immediately when I find it! Now, we have been laid off and this is my only income for now at this point. I have NO Open cases with PayPal and I use to get all my money right away. Until there is a complaint by the person who buys the item that money should not be touched by PayPal until then. THIS IS MY MONEY!!!! I am sending out items to people and essentially NOT GETTING PAID FOR THEM!!!! I am struggling enough as it is and they are stealing from me. After phone call after phone call not one person can explain anything to me. Now - I tried to transfer money into my bank account on an instant transfer and that is being held. There is no button to cancel the transfer and put it back in my balance to where I can do something else with it!! I am at the end of my rope. They can take these funds and hold them and still charge their fee. eBay charges their fee. I cannot pay my eBay bill because of this and I have no money. I am filing papers in court tomorrow as they are now leaving me with no way to pay for my living accommodations and am going to be without a place to live as of tomorrow due to expected money being held. You can clearly see the downfall of my business since they began this game. I have over a thousand dollars tied up and I'm going to be sleeping in my car. No reasons, no attempts to inform me how to resolve any existing issues, no customer service help, nothing!!! I am paying this company to essentially rob me. I have never in my life heard of such a business practice that can get away with this. It is indescribable the stress this has caused in creating something I loved to do. And a back up for my well being to live. It is the biggest scam I have seen. I am conducting business with eBay. If they have an issue and want me on some special program then I can see that. However eBay has no issues with me or my family account. Therefore my money should come to me and they should stay the **bleep** out of it. I'm filing papers in court tomorrow I don't care what they say this is ridiculous. This is my money.
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

OK.

Please let us know my much it costs and how it turns out.

We can learn from your experience.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you have been selling for 3 months and you sell music memorabilia on Ebay and there is so far no complaint .dispute or chargeback,I dont see why they are holding your money ?

are they high ticket items?

do you upload tracking ,does tracking shows it has been delivered?

usually 3 -7 days after DC shows delivered,the money is released.

Why dont you call Ebay and ask if they can release the money?

Ebay is a fleamarket and the level of scams is rising,scammers know how to game the system so both Ebay and Paypal are more cautious than before. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

do you have a Paypal business debit card,it is free if you qualify.

use it as a credit card and Paypal gives you 1% cash rebate as it is really your money you are spending.

or withdraw money from ATM,fee may apply or ask Paypal to mail yo a bank check,fee applied.

if you are a good tenant,why not show your landlord you have money in your Paypal account,he just have to wait.

Login to Me Too

Hellion777
Contributor
Contributor
I have all of these things. The highest item I have sold was $115.00. On average, items range $10 - $50. Mostly in the medium range. I have called almost every day since the end of July as it is always something. There is no rhyme or reason as I will have 2 or 3 come through then a bunch held. It is inconsistent and it is no joke when I state it is destroying my little business. My attorney figured out since the holding of the funds I am down 62% as I cannot acquire anything in time as I do not have the funds. It was going to take approximately 6 months in my business plan to get somewhat even at the pace it was at and should have remained, and that was based on utilizing my own salary and paying it back to myself and with monies received. The items I chase down and travel to obtain are in the overall scope of the many requests received. So as I do weekly auctions, I can kind of gauge and have an idea of about what will come in on the very low end at least. I'm that time I have meetings set up to view and acquire more items for the next week. It was the perfect set up and it was working. I was so happy and excited. Now, with layoffs, until another job starts, my low paycheck from this venture is all I have. I would still be able to keep the business going on the projected budget but would have some income as well. However, funds are held. They have given me the buisness card; debit card; etc. Inget different answers everytime and they never have knowledge of what is going on. I have spoken to individuals in several different departments and it goes nowhere. They state it is a "program" that everyone will basically be a part of. So I am stuck with the credit card, eBay fees coming due and I have 15 items not paid to me with no explainations. No shown limits on my account; no emails, no nothing. I have researched a merchant account and am dumping PayPal all together. I have a lot of repeat customers and they have stated due to the nature of the products based on rarity and difficulty to find, they do not have issues with no paypal. If I have a hard time in the beginning with no PayPal it is on me and not die to a company holding my funds hostage. However, I see my situation flourishing from not having PP anymore based on my products and loyalty. My money will go directly into my account and I can pick up on my plan that is now a few months longer to accomplish. To have money tied up also via the instant transfer to my bank is just wrong as well. It is stressful enough trying to make life work. There are no reasons for any of this to be happening and from what I have been reading, I am not the only one. I do not work for PayPal. They work for me!!!
Login to Me Too

Hellion777
Contributor
Contributor
Show my landlord my account and tell him to wait? Lol -- yeah okay. First off, I traveled for my job and reside at extended stay residences- therefore, I do not have the same luxury as a rental unit that would consider that option. And I have never known a landlord to accept a "you just have to wait" response. I must pay my "rent" or check out. It is not an option, and frankly, I should t even be going through this to begin with. I didn't post this for moderators to peddle the credit card or suggest craziness such as telling someone I owe money to to wait. I mean ... based on your logic right there... can I show eBay what's going on and tell them to wait? I'm going to go message them now and see what they say. Smh
Login to Me Too

Samper
New Community Member

Have you gotten any resolution to this?   Can we file in small claims court?

Login to Me Too

temp20180124
Contributor
Contributor
Please let me know if you follow through with this, I too am a victim of their random fraud detection review.
Login to Me Too

spawne32
Contributor
Contributor

They don't even care either. All the posts in this feedback for paypal forum go completely ignored. Sick and tired of it, closing my account as soon as everything is square.

Login to Me Too

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
Sadly sometimes this type of situation can happen to good, honest people. You are tripping some sort of security alert/measure while conducting your business. Whether it be logging in with different IP addresses, information discrepancie's or any other security measure PayPal has in place. Both you and I know there is a vast amount in place and sometimes inevitably difficult to remain in the clear. In time things will get better.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.