Feedback on new Packing Slip format

ct21
Contributor
Contributor

Please see this thread:

/t5/About-Business/New-PayPal-packing-slip-is-missing-our-company-logo-and-looks/m-p/1237925#M42936

Please restore the old Packing Slip format, and please ask your community for feedback before making changes like this... so many obvious flaws.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse...I got an order a little while ago. Items ordered by someone & shipping to someone else. 

the transaction details shows the buyer is: Jane Doe & the ship to is: John Smith (not real names).

The packing slip shows the ship to is: Jane Doe

The transaction Details also does NOT have the buyers phone number.

So, the BIG question is any of this information correct????

So, I call PayPal AGAIN & have a nice chat & get a new ticket number. The lady I talked to is very nice & apologetic & actually said the Engineers (first time anyone actually admitted who is working on these problems) are working on it but yes, it makes no sense why they can't just go back to the old format. The funny thing is that the buyers phone number shows up on her side. As I told her...that doesn't help us out & we are the ones that need it.

Yesterday I got orders & the phone number showed up. I just got another order just now & again...no phone number.

I told the lady if there is a way for her to let the higher ups know that the very people that help line their pockets with money are getting ready to jump ship. They need to find a way to fix things & they need to do it sooner, rather than later. 

She has worked there for 10 years & said there's never been as many complaints as there have been lately & she agreed that they should not have messed with things that were working perfectly...go figure!

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor
I forgot to mention...she asked what browser I was using. I told her Firefox. She asked if I tried others & I said I used Chrome & the same thing. Just now I tried IE & guess what...you win the stuffed bear...Yes, the same problems show up regardless of what browser is used.
Login to Me Too

Flyinby
Contributor
Contributor

I've given up on them fixing it.  They did increase the font size a bit, but I have to cut every packing slip now or send it with that stupid dotted line with scissors which makes it look like some homemade "I did this on my new computer" layout.

It was fine before, there was no reason to fix it, if you call that fixing.  They ruined it, then partially fixed it, and left it barely usable if you want the ridiculous scissors icon on your packing slips.

Ironically, with the new website and the "improvements" over time, Paypal is far more difficult to use and doesn't offer as much in the way of easy-to-use seller options as it did when I started using it for business in 2009.  Wish I could just use the "classic site" permanently and never have to go to the new "improved" site.

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

I tell you....since this all started PayPal & their service has gone down the toilet. I own PayPal stock & I'm dumping it ASAP. Between the packing slips being unuseable , transaction details intermittantly (not rhyme or reason why) do not include the buyer's phone number (which is a required option in my profile & has been since it was an available option) & for the last several weeks there is a **bleep** up on the sales tax calculation. PayPal has been casting the blame on things I've got set up in my profile or in the PayPal buttons.

Absolutely NOTHING has changed in my settings. Why cast blames on me....because it's easier than trying to find the new glitch in their system. 

HEY PAYPAL, WITHOUT SELLERS WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD BE....THE ANSWER, OUT OF BUSINESS. 

IF YOU DON'T FIX THESE PROBLEMS YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE MORE OF US WHO ARE FED UP! 

WHY IS IT TAKING MONTHS TO FIX ALL THESE PROBLEMS. THEY ALL STARTED WITH THE NEW FORMATTING OF THE TRANSACTION DETAILS, PACKING SLIP & SALES TAX CALCULATIONS AT CHECKOUT.

WHAT INCOMPETENCE! AS A FORMER HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR FOR A FEDERAL AGENCY I WOULD HAVE FIRED EVERY ONE OF THE ENGINEERS & TECH SUPPORT BY NOW.

INSTEAD OF MAKING EXCUSING & POINTING FINGERS AT EVERYONE BUT THEMSELVES, YOU SHOULD BE FIXING THESE PROBLEMS. YOU CREATED THEM, NOW FIND A WAY TO FIX THEM SOONER, RATHER THAN LATER. THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Login to Me Too

vtlady_802

I agree with restore the previous packing slip format,  My packing slip now show the "buyers" name in the mailing address, which is not always the case.  It should show the shipping address the customer specified.   And the font should be adjustable or changed.

Login to Me Too

redrose46
Contributor
Contributor

Update:  Packing slip looks better with a bit bigger font.  However, check out the "Ship from". 

Not acceptable.

paypal packing slip - Copy.jpg

Login to Me Too

freyinnovations
Contributor
Contributor

Been using Chrome with no problem, no my logo doesn't show up on packing slips. I just tried Internet Explorer, and the logo was magically there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.