Feedback on new Packing Slip format

ct21
Contributor
Contributor

Please see this thread:

/t5/About-Business/New-PayPal-packing-slip-is-missing-our-company-logo-and-looks/m-p/1237925#M42936

Please restore the old Packing Slip format, and please ask your community for feedback before making changes like this... so many obvious flaws.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

We don't need a website that is sleek looking & nice to look at. What we need is a company that makes their website easy to use, easy to navigate & functional for those that are making them all the money. 

PAYPAL, IF YOU CONTINUE TO MAKE OUR LIVES MISERABLE WE WILL MOVE ON TO THE NEXT BEST THING....right not that is NOT PayPal.

As I said to the tech I spoke with DO NOT TELL ME YOU UNDERSTAND HOW I FEEL. You obviously don't understand how the very business' that make all the money for you feel because you obviously don't have a clue how much all your idiotic changes are impacting the way we do business.  We don't have time to try to work around your disfunctional "improvements" that none of us can use. I don't have time to create my own packing slips because your new packing slip is totally **bleep** up. I don't have time to keep calling PayPal everytime your website has issues & it seems that this is happening far too often as far as I'm concerned. 

What I & every other business using PayPal to process their orders, etc needs is:

1. a company that is responsive to their customers needs
  2. a company that actually tests out changes BEFORE making them live to make sure they are fully function without **bleep** up other things.
  3. a company that doesn't make you go through hoops to talk to customer service or tech support (directly)
  4. a company that listens to what the users (who are the reason PayPal is making lots of money) have to say
  5. a company that actually cares about the users & not just the all mighty dollar we are making for you
  6. a company that makes things easier for users to do their jobs....not make it harder!

Remember PayPal, you are getting rich off out hard work & if you can't keep us happy why would we recommend you & why would we keep you when there are other fish in the sea who will be happy to get our business. If it wasn't for the business' who have PayPal buttons on their websites where you PayPal be today? Where will you be tomorrow if we all find another provider??? Think about that before you make a change that will impact our lives as you have been doing A LOT lately!

I think we've all made our feelings known to you, PayPal...how about fixing this problem & stop giving us lip service & stop trying to make things "prettier" & make them easier for us to use & work properly!

Login to Me Too

redrose46
Contributor
Contributor

Another packing slip printed...............crappy, crappy, crappy.  Please revert back!  Is anyone even listening??

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody here (other than me) actually called PayPal to file a complaint???

DO NOT RELY ON THEM READING THIS FORUM. YOU NEED TO CALL & COMPLAIN. THEY WILL CREATE A TICKET & IF THEY GET ENOUGH COMPLAINTS PERHAPS THEY WILL FIX THE PROBLEM.

I have been forwarding screen shots of my documents so they can see what is happening but everyone who is having a problem needs to file a complaint with PayPal...NOT HERE!

Login to Me Too

redrose46
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted support and got this email:

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Scott and I am happy to assist you with packing slips.

We have had numerous feedback in regards to packing slips. I have registered your complaint with our corporate offices. I understand your frustration. We will look to remedy some of your complaints, but I unfortunately do not have a timeframe with which to do so.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Scott
Merchant Services
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2017 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Not much of a response, is it?  I would add my thoughts to the "ticket" but have no idea where to find it.

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

@redrose46 wrote:

I contacted support and got this email:

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Scott and I am happy to assist you with packing slips.

We have had numerous feedback in regards to packing slips. I have registered your complaint with our corporate offices. I understand your frustration. We will look to remedy some of your complaints, but I unfortunately do not have a timeframe with which to do so.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Scott
Merchant Services
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2017 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Not much of a response, is it?  I would add my thoughts to the "ticket" but have no idea where to find it.

If you reply to the email with your input they will respond. The more information you give them, the better they can address the items people are complaining about.

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

get so sick & tired of hearing them say "I understand your frustration". Until they are on our end of the stick they cannot understand our frustration & they need to stop telling us they understand. I worked in Oncology & I would hear people say I understand how you must feel to patients dying of Cancer. If you haven't been in their shoes you cannot possibly understand how they feel. Smiley Mad

STOP TELLING US YOU UNDERSTAND HOW WE FEEL & FIX THE PROBLEMS YOU CREATED & STOP MESSING WITH THINGS MAKING OUR JOBS HARDER THAN THEY ALREADY ARE WHEN TRYING TO CONDUCT OUR BUSINESS'!

Login to Me Too

Ghawk89845
Contributor
Contributor
This is the worse packing slip I have ever seen. I am embarrassed to enclose it in packages we ship and I hate to say this, but Amazon has Paypal beat by a mile on the packing slip.   When this packing slip is seen by the customer, it is a representation of Paypal. Poor representation!!!
Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

Does Amazon have shopping cart buttons that you can set up on your website like PayPal does? If so, perhaps it's another option instead of using PayPal. They have done nothing to simply our lives in the last year but boy they have sure had some royal mess ups that have caused me to waste a lot of time on the phone with them.  PayPal better get their act together because right now I'm teetering on the wall & ready to jump!

Login to Me Too

Flyinby
Contributor
Contributor

I see that they're really working hard on fixing this disaster they call a packing slip.  It's only been what, a month or so, and looks just the same as when they first destroyed it.

So, Paypal, since you apparently aren't interested in fixing something you have messed up, I do have one question: Is there anyone who actually LIKES this new packing slip???  And if so, why?  Because it has a line with tiny scissors to show you that you can cut off the bottom half?  Then what, do you tape two of the unused halves together and run them through the printer to save paper?  Is it fun cutting off that bottom part so your packing slip doesn't look like it's made for first-graders with a cutting line and tiny scissors?

Or do you like it because it's fun having to change your printer settings every time to print a slightly larger version in landscape mode?  Or is it becuase you have a large format printer, and a free supply of super B 13" x 19" paper, and if you print full page, people can read them without a magnifying glass?

Or perhaps do you find toner to be ridiculously expensive, and know that the tiny print saves toner?  Never mind that nobody can read it, think of the penny or two you'll save over the next few years...

Or do you like to see the smiles on cynical Paypal employees' faces when they think about you trying to select the print on the packing slip, hoping you can paste it into your word processor and adjust the font to a readable size (and get rid of the silly dotted line/scissors)?  Hint...you can't do it unless you want to spend an inordinate amount of time arranging the layout, it's easier to type in a packing slip manually.

Maybe the genius who made this change to the packing slip is on a long vacation, resting from his/her hard work, and no one else knows how to undo the damage that was done to what was a nice, usable packing slip, easy to print and decent looking.

Or maybe Paypal support people are just a third-party outfit that just reads from a list of comments that may appease customers..."we're working on it", "I feel your anguish...", "That should be fixed soon, but there's no time-frame...", and similar meaningless comments, while the actual issue is never even reported or communicated to Paypal...just tossed in the virtual trash can.

Or maybe they're waiting until we're all so disgusted, and ready to leave Paypal, before changing it back, so we'll be so eternally grateful that they've restored the original format that we think Paypal is just wonderful and has great customer service.

Obviously these forums are just a way to make customers think they're accomplishing something; do you see ANY replies here anywhere from Paypal employees who have made some effort to report the issue and report back to us on its status, and perhaps the reason why nothing yet has been done?  So is this forum just a placebo to keep us quiet, which costs them nothing but a little storage space on the website?  Hmmm...

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

Flyinby....VERY WELL SAID 

If PayPal is reading these I'm sure they are afraid to respond becuase they will get slammed by the VERY UNHAPPY USERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO STRANGLE THEM!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.