Feedback on new Packing Slip format

ct21
Contributor
Contributor

Please see this thread:

/t5/About-Business/New-PayPal-packing-slip-is-missing-our-company-logo-and-looks/m-p/1237925#M42936

Please restore the old Packing Slip format, and please ask your community for feedback before making changes like this... so many obvious flaws.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

dasw
Contributor
Contributor

Makes more work for me. One would think new changes would try and be more convenient and professional for the seller and more legible for the buyer.

Login to Me Too

Kal7958
Contributor
Contributor

This new Packing Slip format is awful!!!  Why was it changed anyway?  Please go back to the old one.  

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor
Kal7958 & everyone here...if you want it fixed you need to contact PayPal directly. Complaining here isn't going to fix the issue....this comes directly from PayPal. I called & complained & was told the same thing....if you are experiencing a problem you need to contact PayPal & report it. The more people who do that, the faster it will get resolved. There is an existing "ticket" on this problem & the one related to the new Transaction details format. You need to get on that ticket so they know it's not just the few that took the time to call that are impacted by this.
Login to Me Too

PatinCleveland
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal support had me change printer setting to Landscape mode and adjust Zoom to enlarge the pront.
This is a crappy solution and onl;y works if I pront nothing other than packing slips.

If I print ,say for instance, a shipping label, the size is now reduced and the orientation is now changed.

PayPal  DID NOT provide me with a one time solution: now I have to change the printer settings each and every single time I print something.

I have serious doubts that PayPal even bothers to test changes to see how much it inconveniences users.

Please register my complaint with whoever decides to make these changes in a vacuum without any thought as to how it negatively affects clients.

I want the old packing slip format back.

Login to Me Too

SpecialtyEmpor
New Community Member

ABSOLUTELY HATE THE NEW FORMAT

PLEASE RETURN TO PREVIOUS IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

bythewayside
Contributor
Contributor

I can't read the new packing slips!  They are too small and too faint!  Please enlarge the size and make it darker!!  I can't even imagine a person with vision impairment trying to use these!!

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

REMEMBER THE OLD SAYING...."IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT" Well, that is exactly what you should have done....NOTHING!

The packing slip was very functional as it was. As it is now, it is a nightmare.

On top of what others have said I makes me really angry is that for those who create PayPal buttons with drop down menu's the "Menu option name is missing when you print out the Packing slips. That means I have a totally worthless packing slip so for items that have similar item numbers & descriptions but perhaps different sizes all that information does not come out when you print. So, how can I confirm that the item is what the person ordered nor can the customer confirm what they ordered against what is in the box.

See how easy it is to read this message. Nice isn't it because you can actually see it. You need a magnifying glass to read the new packing slip.

Why can't you just leave well enough alone & not make our lives a living **bleep** everytime you decide to make a change that impacts our ability to do business.

This seems to be a nice pattern on your part & it's a good way to lose customers who finally get fed up dealing with your messes while trying to conduct business.

PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM ASAP. GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS. THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH IT & THERE IS ABOSOLUTELY NOTHING RIGHT WITH THE NEW FORMAT.

I agree with most everyone else. If you are going to try to do something that impacts your customers how about asking our opinions BEFORE you go live. Afterall, we are the users. If we can't function & we cant' run our business' then people won't be paying with PayPal because there won't be any business' left using PayPal on their websites. So, it's in your best interest to keep us happy so we don't move on to the next best thing!

I've been with PayPal a very long time but it seems that lately you are making my life miserable & creating more work than it's worth. I might as well re-do all my PayPal buttons & find a company who is more reliable. 

The last time I called in regarding the PayPal shipping that your website quoted one price for signature confirmation but you were charging $0.10 more. I was told that it was USPS fault but it was on your site NOT USPS I was also told how efficient you are at keeping the webiste updated. Based on the price you had listed (until shortly after my phone call) the USPS had increased the price January, 2017. So, that means that your website was quoting an incorrect price for the last 6 months. I don't consider that efficient & if you are quoting a price on your website they & we are charged more than PayPal owes us refunds because it's your fault, not USPS. Based on your quoted price you owe me in excess of $100.00 Smiley Very Happy

So, PayPal, y'all need to get your act together & the first order of business is to give us back our very functional Packing slip NOW!

You've been getting complaints from day one.... how hard is it to undo what you did? It should have been done the very next day!

Signed

A VERY ANGRY LONG TIME CUSTOMER READY TO JUMP SHIP!

Login to Me Too

redrose46
Contributor
Contributor

Well said, gourdguru.  Does anyone even listen?  Does Paypal monitor this thread?  Why, why, why must they change things that aren't broken? 

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

I got so fed up I called them & told them to read this thread. I told them I was a long term user & was so fed up I was ready to find another provider.

I kept hearing "I understand your frustation" & after about the 10th time I got fed up & said you DO NOT understand unless you are in my shoes & every other user experiencing this for yourself & stop telling me you understand because you don't.

The guy said there is already a ticket on it & they are working on it. I said this has been going on for at least a week & how long can it possibly take to put back the old Packing Slip. I told him I maintain my own website & when there's a problem I fix it immediately. He gave me some BS that it takes time because of security & how many people are impacted, etc. I told him it was an excuse & it needed to get fixed NOW. I also told him that PayPal is not the only fish in the sea & if they don't be let users know before making drastic changes like this & perhaps letting us test the waters with it before it goes live then perhaps they will start losing customers.

My parting words were to tell the techs working on it to read the community posts & really listen to what we have to say BEFORE making changes that will impact the way we do business.

It will be interesting to see what happens & how fast!

Login to Me Too

Flyinby
Contributor
Contributor

I too am fed up with Paypal making changes that are completely unnecessary and most of the time make things more difficult.  The packing slip issue is just the latest addition to the downhill run Paypal's website has been on since they switched from the old classic site.

At least with the site update, they offered a link for the classic site to those of us who found the new site difficult to use; however, since every time you click something it switches back to the "new, sleek, updated site where everything is hard to find", so even that is pretty useless.  Now with the ridiculous packing slip, I will need to set up my own software to print packing slips; thanks a lot for nothing.

Don't bother with the canned "I understand your frustration..." replies, there was no good reason for this change, it's NOT an improvment, looks tacky, is nearly unreadable, and the moron who decided to do it without even consulting the customers it will affect (and without offering the old style as an alternative) should be fired.

If this doesn't change by the time I find a more user-friendly payment site, I'll happily move on, after about 8 years of using Paypal for my business.

Yes, your new style website is uncluttered and sleek-looking.  Unfortunately it's a major hassle to find anything.  Gone are the days when I could easily find my monthly statements, yearly records, change shipping etc. without having to hunt in obscure places for a link to do it, and nearly anything else.  Now you've ruined the packing slips too.  WAKE UP!  We don't NEED "uncluttered and sleek", we need "straightforward and easy to use" with links to everything easily found, whether it be shipping prices, statements, or more complex issues.  Even your email notifications keep changing, which is a hassle every time because I use the info for my order acknowledgment email, and you keep changing the format for no good reason.

Like others have said, QUIT TRYING TO FIX THINGS THAT WORK FINE AND DON'T NEED TO BE "FIXED".  Unfortunately, since you haven't heeded that sound advice in the past, now your site really does need to be fixed.  Nice going.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.