Feedback about PayPal's Decision in NC

Roncz
New Community Member

Glad to see your company is taking a stand on the discriminatory practices in NC. Congratulations.

Login to Me Too
842 REPLIES 842

dpbodine
New Community Member

The world is going insane.  I am a 75 yr old conservative close to becoming a libertarian but there ARE fundamental truths and moral rules that apply to civilized societies.  Killing innocent humans at any age is wrong and I will accept restrictions supporting that. 

Men and women are born that way.  I was born a good athlete and could have played in the NFL but I was born slow.  It's not fair but I have to learn to live with that as does someone born blind.  Same with someone born male who sincerely feels way more comfortable around females and wants to be one.  HE SIMPLY CAN"T.  We must love him and treat him with love, BUT love keeps me from encouraging him to try to become a woman or act as one.

Wisdom in managing society is much more likely to be come from local communities working out laws than from national or global organizations.  Nefarious or downright evil ideas always come from the top down as they need to be developed in secret.  If you dispute this, study history.  Historical truth is NOT coming thru current higher education, national media of social media.  Qualify those you listen to.

The federal government has NO constitutional basis (nor compelling need) to tell every state to accept their transgender theories.  Paypal can do what they want.  I can choose never to use them again unless the change their policy.  I won't.

Login to Me Too

Veronica1965
New Community Member

My biggest problem with Paypal's NC decision is the hypocrisy of it.  They won't do business in NC, but they'll set up shop in foreign countries who torture and execute homosexuals and have absolutely NO tolerance for transgendered citizens.  Where's the logic in that?  I'm canceling my PayPal account also.  I'd have a little more respect for them if they "took a stand" in all countries, not just America!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Veronica1965

Same old argument, paypal are not setting up call centres in those countries they are just allowing the ''people'' of that country to have access to paypal.

Same as NC, you can USE paypal, they just don't want to employ folks that are judgemental and unfair to transgenders etc in  their company, well done paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

1rsnider
Contributor
Contributor

Veronica,  I'm sure you are a nice person, but I suggest you google Dr. Pail McHugh, former Chief of Phychiatry at John Hopkins Hospital, one of the mos prestigious hospitals in the country and read his statement about the transgender situation.  He states" Transgenderis a mental illness and should be treated as such.  Further hs stated " after years of study' they determined that was a mental illness, Johns Hopkins stopped performing **bleep** changes, because it made matters worst for that person and the suicide rate of those that had the change went up dramatically.  He said they were doing those people an in justice.

Thje other factor that is proving out in the news everyday, is that pedofiles and peeping Tom's can now say they are transgender and go in to the ladies rest rooms and take pictures and look over and under stalls.

As usual the left and uninformed policies wind up hurting the people they say they want to help.

It is not about feeling that we should make policies, but about facts.

Nothing judgmental at all.  I do not want a man in the bathroom expose himself to my daughter or granddaughter.

I call that common sense.

Login to Me Too

PAFL
New Community Member

My messae to PayPal:

PayPal has been my family and my primary means of paying for many online transactions. But, since you have seen fit to canceled your plan to build a global operations center in Charlotte after the passage of HB2 law there, my family and I will seek other methods to pay for these online purchases even if it is less convenient. This decision will remain unless we see a clear public statement that you have reversed your decision.

I agree with North Carolina Rep. Robert Pittenger when he pointed out the hypocrisy of PayPal in saying: “PayPal does business in 25 countries where homosexual behavior is illegal, including 5 countries where the penalty is death, yet they object to the North Carolina Legislature overturning a misguided ordinance about letting men in to the women’s bathroom?”

Apparently, you making a political statement (only here in the U.S.) is more important to you than customers. Please let me know when you have reversed your position.

Sincerely,

Dan

Login to Me Too

durks57
Contributor
Contributor

Hypocrisy at the highest level with Pay Pal doing business in foreign countries that kill or imprison for homosexuality, in anyway shape or form. My business ending with Pay Pal may not break the company but I personally can not continue with totally political position in N.C., but continued business as I mentioned in other countries. That in itself is disgusting besides the efforts to allow and have men using woman's bathrooms and expecting ladies, YOUNG ladies to shower with with MEN...because they think or feel feminine....Unbelievable! And I thought Pay Pal was a great American Company...how foolish I WAS. Very sad... Bye!  

Login to Me Too

HedgeInNC
Contributor
Contributor

For just a moment, forget about HB2 and the Governor of NC and who is right and who is wrong. Your decision to 'boycott' NC affects all North Carolinians whether they are involved with the governors decision or not. So you are judging and penalizing the entire state of NC based on the decisions of the few in NC government which I believe might be the epitome of prejudgement, racism and unfair practices. I know I'm just one little guy in one little place, but I will NOT purchase or utilize any services or products from any company, individual or organization that boycotts our state based on a few people in political office. There's bound to be a better way to get across your point!

I'll bet there are others who will agree with me and I hope they follow suit!

Login to Me Too

1rsnider
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal decision is a typical left wing approach without dealing in facts.  Muslim countries where thet are doing business KILL homosexuals and transgenders.  The fact about the transgenders are this: Former Chief of Psychiatry at John Hopkins Hospital, Paul McHugh stated, ": after years of study on the transgenders, they have determined this is a mental illness and not anything to do with the physical.  They performed **bleep** change opertions and saw no differnce in their confused state of who they are.  They also discovered the suicide rate was very high in those that had the surgery.  Johns Hopkins no longer will perform those surgeries and stated" they  are doing those people an injustice".

Wake up America.  Liberals, know the facts before you make a bold stagtement on "feelings".

I know longer will do business with PayPal.  If they are going to take this stand, then take it across the board in countries where they kill these people and treat women a cattle.

Login to Me Too

Wilkersonnc

Business is business

stay out of social issues

Login to Me Too

Wilkersonnc

What about all the countries you deal with that discriminate

let's see you pull out of those since you are so principled

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.