Feedback about PayPal's Decision in NC

Roncz
New Community Member

Glad to see your company is taking a stand on the discriminatory practices in NC. Congratulations.

Login to Me Too
842 REPLIES 842

mt6
Contributor
Contributor

It is hypocritical of Paypal to not do business in North Carolina, claiming that North Carolina's new law "perpetuates discrimination" and "violates the values and principles that are at the core of PayPal’s mission and culture",  while at the same time doing business in Cuba and various Moslem countries where homosexuals and transgender people have been imprisoned, tortured, and executed.  Come on, Paypal. If you don't  mind doing business with Cuba or Saudi Arabia, then quit  posturing about North Carolina.

Login to Me Too

mt6
Contributor
Contributor

I quit.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

bye

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

crazyigues
New Community Member

I, too, will be closing my account with paypal due to their decision in North Carolina.  I will not allow companies that make horrible decisions to use my services.  I will also suggest that any of my friends drop their business with paypal.  

Login to Me Too

rChristian

I'm a Christian. I will be praying for you paypal. You will answer to GOD one day about the choices you have made concerning lgbt. It's never to late to ask for forgiveness. It's never to late to do the right thing. Ask The Lord for forgiveness.

I cancel all my business ties with paypal and will not support any businesses affiliated with paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Mermer1
Contributor
Contributor
I'm disappointed that the leadership has twisted a bill which was designed to protect women and children from 5% of the population into a LBGT matter because the bill denies access to .03% (.003) of the population to public restrooms designed for a gender for which they may not share the same genitalia. Its doubtful that a truly transgendered person would be recognizable as their birth gender and therefore, they would not be denied access to a public restroom of their choosing. The bill is for protection, not discrimination. Shame on you PayPal.
Login to Me Too

HookT

Paypal's choice to stop doing business in NC is no different

than a bakery choosing not to sell to a gay couple. Your very

decission and actions are as discriminatory as you claim that the 

NC law is. I'm confused at the statement "The new law perpetuates

discrimination and it violates the values and principles that are at the

core of PayPal’s mission and culture.  As a result, PayPal will not

move forward with our planned expansion into Charlotte."

Your very action perpetuates discrimination!

Login to Me Too

madatyou2
New Community Member

I am very disappointed but not really suprised in PayPal decision to "boycott" NC. i have used you for years but as of 2 weeks ago, i have cancelled my acct and am calling on my fellow North Carolinas to do the same. If you don't want us then I am NOT giving you NONE of my money!!!!

Login to Me Too

bx
New Community Member

Pay pal can have the 2% **bleep**, when the rest of the normal folks leave Paypal. CLOSING MY ACCOUNT!!

Login to Me Too

sickofmediabs
New Community Member

I find it hilarious that there are so many people in support of paypla pulling out of NC. First of all, NC law never changed. If you were born with soemthing hanging between your legs, you go to the boy's bathroom, if you were born without something hanging between your legs, you go to the girls bathroom. Simple. You base it on anatomy at birth. 

Now the hilariouis aspect of all you idiots supporting paypal is this: ARE YOU AWARE OF ALL THE COUNTRIES THAT paypal DOES BUSINESS IN THAT HAVE LAWS BANNING AND FORBIDDING HOMOSEXUALITY AND IF CAUGHT, THE HOMOS ARE KILLED OR IMPRISONED?  

So, tell me why you are supporting PAYPAL when they do business in countries where homosexuality is FORBIDDEN?OUTLAWED,etc?????????

Take a stand and ban paypal entirely if this NC situation has your panties up in a bunch and yo udon't even acknowledge the fact that paypal is doing business right now in countries killing homos for their right to do what they want in private. Sheesh talk about a two-faced standard. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.