Feedback about PayPal's Decision in NC

Roncz
New Community Member

Glad to see your company is taking a stand on the discriminatory practices in NC. Congratulations.

Login to Me Too
842 REPLIES 842

mrwizard83118
New Community Member

I too will be changing how my web site takes payments.  I'm going to switch to taking credit cards directly (and it will NOT involve PayPal) and once that is completed PayPal can take my account and shove it up their -=where-the-sun-don't-shine=- 

Login to Me Too

rdutchr
Contributor
Contributor

From what I can tell the credit card direct payment is still sponsored by PayPal.  There's no getting around them.  From what I can tell.

Login to Me Too

Mwaldroup
Contributor
Contributor

Please, please everyone cancel your PayPal and Ebay accounts!  Let's take a stand!  We don't have to bully, just be true to what we believe!  It is time.  Our children and grandchildren deserve it!

Login to Me Too

mikehoy
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with you and intend to cancel my paypal account but why cancel Ebay?  Did Ebay make some similar announcement or decision?

Login to Me Too

170flyer
New Community Member

Good luck trying to close your account. Been trying to get rid of these hypocrites for a month now, They will not follow their user aggreemnt and refuse to close the accoun for 180 days even though I have nothing outstanding and no investigations or pending investigations!!

Login to Me Too

kowa
New Community Member

So payal is going to pull out of North Carolina because they enacted a common sense law to protect women and children. Really?? Paypal has offices in some of the most anit-gay countries in the world. Can you spell hypocrisy paypal? If reason does'nt take over in a short time I will pull out of paypal.

Login to Me Too

F3AP
New Community Member

PayPal gets the hypocrite of the year award! This company says they’re not coming to North Carolina because the legislators and Gov. Pat McCrory have passed a law to protect women and children against sexual predators by not allowing men to use women’s restrooms and locker rooms.

Congressman Robert Pittenger made a great point yesterday: “PayPal does business in 25 countries where homosexual behavior is illegal, including 5 countries where the penalty is death, yet they object to the North Carolina legislature overturning a misguided ordinance about letting men in to the women’s bathroom? Perhaps PayPal would like to try and clarify this seemingly very hypocritical position.”

PayPal operates in countries including Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, and Yemen for Pete’s sake. Just last month PayPal announced they would be expanding in Cuba, a country in which homosexuals and transgender people have been imprisoned, tortured, and executed. PayPal only agreed to come to Charlotte in the first place after holding out for millions in corporate incentives. And under the current law that they are so strongly protesting, PayPal could have chosen their own corporate bathroom policies.

Login to Me Too

1john
Contributor
Contributor

Let's see, Paypal builds a center similar to the one scheduled for North Carolina a few years back in Malasia they said would employ 500 people. Malasia is anti- homosexual and it's against the law there, but Paypal is proud of it's involvement there. (Cheap labor overides social engineering I'm sure).  But they want to encourage perverts to have access to young girls and women via womens bathrooms here in the USA. I think that is sick! Paypal better apologize for this disgusting statement they made or I, a long time customer will bail. Do the right thing Paypal. Get off your love of perverts stance or I will be bailing. Let Ebay know I am curtailing my use of Paypal because of this situatation. Either you want to be in business or you want to be perverted social engineers. Make a choice and please do it soon so I know if i should cancel now instead of waiting to see your decision.

Login to Me Too

Scorpio51
New Community Member

Since paypal doesn't wish to do business with the state of North Carolina I'll comply by not doing anymore business with paypal.

Login to Me Too

BillinVirginia
New Community Member

I agree and will be calling them myself today to close my account! There are other, just as secure, ways to transfer/receive payments on the Internet!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.