Feedback about PayPal Here

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, some of the members who are participating in our limited initial release have valuable feedback that can help us improve the product.

Questions about the product and troubleshooting requests should be posted in the PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting thread in the Help Forum.

Thank you for your participation! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
379 REPLIES 379

Deebz270

If there is one thing that is guaranteed to really annoy me, it is people or organisations that are faceless and do not communicate directly to their customers, but hide behind 'automatic answering' systems.

1. For the past five months I have been trying to resolve an issue with one of the bank cards attached to my account.  It has expired, yet I cannot remove the expired card because of Paypals ridiculously OTT security proceedures.  I am prompted for the old card details.  Which I cannot supply because the card has been destroyed.  

2. Three days ago I tried to make a purchase.  It failed because Paypal has placed 'limitations' on my account, claiming that unauthorised use of my account has taken place.  NO SUCH ACTIVITY HAS TRANSPIRED.   My bank account and its details are and have always been secure.  They claim that I had not used this computer for ages...  WTF?  THis computer has been running pretty solid for the past ten years and certainly through this year.  I have been active online, I JUST HAVN'T BOUGHT ANYTHING IN A WHILE....  

Paypal asks me to verify my account details by faxing my details and proof of account.  I DON'T HAVE FAX OR ANY DIGITISING FACILITIES AT MY DISPOSAL, NOT THAT I AM INCLINED TO SEND THEM IN THIS FASHION TO A COMPANY THAT CANNOT EVEN BE BOTHERED TO ANSWER MY EMAILS OR RESOLVE MY ISSUES.  So I opt for the 'call back' option....   Only to find that there is no 'continue' button...  So that failed also. 

THen Paypal send me an 'email' telling my that my account will remain 'limited' until I contact them.  I HAVE LOST COUNT AS TO HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY POINT ACROSS.  COUNTLESS 'EMAILS' ALL OF WHICH ARE ANSWERED WITH THE SAME **bleep** ANNOYING AUTOMATIC RESPONSE, DIRCTING ME BACK TO THE 'RESOLUTION CENTRE' WHERE NO ONE TAKES ANY NOTICE OF MY ISSUES.  This is getting well beyond unprofessional now.  

The only recourse is to phone.... Ha... What phone an 0845 number, from a mobile phone and get charged the earth...  ?

I AM IN CHARGE AND CONTROL OF MY BANK ACCOUNT - NOT PAYPAL.  IF THERE IS A SECURITY ISSUE, I WILL KNOW ABOUT IT AND ADVISE MY BANK FIRST, THEN PAYPAL....   This behaviour of Paypal is unacceptable, as is their ridiculous GUI on their web site....  Which is constantly timing out, or 'redirecting' or 'Resubmitting Form info'....  I spent four f....g hours the other night, just trying to resolve this issue, in order to buy an £8 book !

I've had it up to the gunwhales with Paypay.  Feedback?  At present   minus 10.

I am all ears on any advice that will enable me to resolve my simple Paypal account issues without incurring ANY cost.  I have not done anything wrong or against company policy.  No one has hacked into my account.  I do not deserve to be treated this way.

Pretty **bleep** grumpy and dissolusioned with Paypal at present.

Deebz270

Login to Me Too

dawn_mbnc
Contributor
Contributor

I just learned that the new EMV reader is priced at $149.

There is a rebate option - for businesses that do more than $3000 in the first 3 months. As a small business startup owner, I will not be able to make that (especially because my business traditionally slows during the holiday months). 

So, basically, the bigger businesses get a break while the smaller ones like me have to pay. 

Looks like Square is offering their reader for $49 (across the board, no higher price with rebate). May be time to switch.

Login to Me Too

barneys
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  I think PayPal will loose customers if it keeps this pricing.

Login to Me Too

DanTerry
New Community Member

Hi,

Feedback about recent customer service.  First the options you have available to dispute online transactions are very limited and not very comprehensive.  I suggest that you add at the very least a seperate option for those types of transactions to make it simple and easier to understand.  Why can you only dispute transactions from 180 days back?  Why can you only dispute 10?  I was threaten by the Disputes manager that if I made more disputes they would take my account from me on Paypal.  Is this how you want to do business?  So I may be forced to take legal action.  Paypal claims they will dispute and help you through the process but that help only goes so far.

Login to Me Too

marhuf55
Contributor
Contributor

You know people, I am amazed how PP doesn't even have anyone from their company that reads these comments and take the time to respond. It does tell me that they don't give a flying crap about the people that use their services and have trouble with what they do. I am inclined to turn them in to the Better Business Bureau the next time they pull another foolish stunt. How about it people, how many out here will do the same thing? They need to be investigated for some of the practices they do.

Login to Me Too

firestar914
Contributor
Contributor

I just got off the phone with PayPal about a problem with my account having limited access, and I just wanted to say, that the customer service was outstanding!!! I spoke with 3 different people and all of them were very polite and they had my account back to normal in under 10 minutes. I had thought that when I called that it was going to be a long drawn out process. I hope that these people get treated at their job as well as they treated me. Thank you whoever you were!!!

Login to Me Too

marhuf55
Contributor
Contributor

That's great firestar, but that doesn't make up for those out here that are not getting any help from them. Please go back and count the number of those who posted on here that are still waiting for some kind of help.

Login to Me Too

srosenc
Contributor
Contributor

I think he is a paypal troll. I have never had this quickness of service, it is extremly difficult to speak with someone who is not a recording or a robot

Login to Me Too

Dgmtexas
Contributor
Contributor

I will admit, I have never liked to use PayPal because of the extreme limitatoins the web site has.  While I can Log onto my account, there is little I can do to inform or change my present address. We are living in Japan for the next nine months, and I tried to change my phone number, can't do that, only U.S. numbers.  I tried to change my security in travel plans, can't do that, only gives a drop down box of which Japan is not included. 

I tried paying an individual here for Japanese lessons via Skype, the pending payiment is on my account, which I can see when I log in, but of course, when I tried to pay it, I am getting an error message, they don't recognize my IPA address, but they allow me to log into my account, pretty lame.

Login to Me Too

Tat200edMeMa
Contributor
Contributor
I can agree with you wholeheartedly. Between PayPal and a seller with Tophatter, they got me for $70. I think PayPal needs to wise up and listen to the people that use them. In all my dispute troubles with them, I have yet to see a place where I can upload pictures or documents to prove what you say!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.