Feedback about PayPal Here

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, some of the members who are participating in our limited initial release have valuable feedback that can help us improve the product.

Questions about the product and troubleshooting requests should be posted in the PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting thread in the Help Forum.

Thank you for your participation! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
379 REPLIES 379

justjarhead
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal DIspute Resolution is a Joke!!! Believe Me I have Experienced the Joke First Hand recently. I had a package not delivered to my hose but it seems that both PayPal and eBay are not going to do about it if they have tracking information that says item went to a specific town that matches your town. They claim this is sufficient proof.

So I went an extra step and disputed them with a SNAD claim since I did not get 4 parts of my pool cue. I did not get the:

a) Butt

b) Shaft

c) Tip

d) the Case

Butt wait, I did get Shafted, I got a Tip that PayPal Disputes/Claims are a joke and my Case was only worth $84.99.

Back to the claim. I was given a positive sign when case was decided in my favor until they wanted me to send the item back to the seller. Kind of hard to do since it was never delivered. So Like a rookie with PayPal I called them up told the agent what was going on and indicated to him that I did my homework with the USPS and found from the GPS scan they do before delivering the item that it was not delivered to my house but instead to the next house on the block. I was told to send in the GPS scan and they would deal with it.

Deal with it they did. I sent the information in and like a dummy waited for PayPal to deal with it and honor the Guarantee. Yeah right. The next thing I get is an email stating that I had to 09/08/2016 to get them the Tracking Number of the package I was to send.

So I go on the computer and left PayPal 6 more emails and PayPal secure messages. All of this was done before 09/08/2016 by at least a week. What I got in retrun was electronic responses telling me how to submit a dispute/claim again and again. What a Joke .

I did PayPals work,sent them the information, repeatedly sent them feedback to ica_paypal.com and

ica-na_paypal.com as well as their Secure Message Center and I got no response from a human. PayPal now considers the Case closed. They followed their rules so I am out the purchase prce of $84.99, the seller is protected and PayPal wipes it hands clean of the issue.

Yeah what a system.

In conclusion the Claims Process and Guarantee do not protect the buyer.

The Dispute/Claims process is a Joke if the Seller disputes.

Login to Me Too

ATDNow
Contributor
Contributor

One feature I would love to see on Paypal Here is a "custom tip only" option.

Currently the only tipping options in the android app are $ or % suggested tips, where you have to choose 3 tip values to "suggest" to the customer. I would really like an option to just have the "no tip" button and a box next to it where the customer can put in their custom tip, with no suggested tips.

Suggested tips is offensive to some customers, and the "other" box is overshadowed by the suggestions. It is also very hard to pick 3 suggested tips which are reasonable for a wide array of situations.

This change is very simple and would probably take a competent developer 1 hour to add, but would help tipped workers out greatly.

Thank you for this great service 🙂

Login to Me Too

bnassiff
Contributor
Contributor

#DumpTrump

Login to Me Too

peltobooks
New Community Member

Today I applied for a Paypal Here account so that I could use the card reader for an upcoming show that I will be exhibiting at. After being asked to verify my business address (I have a physical one too, not a PO box) and phone number, which were correct, I was simply given a message that I was ineligible "based on the information provided".

I promptly called the Paypal Here department to ask for more information. While the lady I spoke to was very nice she was utterly unhelpful and sounded more like she was reading a script than anything else. Why was I denied? "We can't tell you that." Who in your department can tell me why I was denied? "Nobody here can tell you that." All she could say was that apparently I was denied as a result of action on the part of Paypal's security precautions. Who can give me details on the features of this security and how it affects me? "We can't tell you that." But! She told me I could reapply in 30 days. I told her I needed the reader sooner than that and since all of my information was correct I didn't see why a second application would be successful. She was at a loss, and I thanked her and hung up.

Seriously, Paypal Here could be making money off of plenty of good, small businesses like my own but they don't give their customer service people any training to assist businesses in signing up, or at least in understanding why they are ineligible so that they can do something constructive about it and then reapply. I've been with Paypal for almost a decade and have a verified US business account and a flawless credit report. Paypal Here should be happy to have me as a customer. Shame on you Paypal, and take note that I will be signing up for the Square instead and will never recommend Paypal Here to anyone.

Login to Me Too

Privateguest
Paypal is no good.....
Login to Me Too

mgw1961
Contributor
Contributor

you got that right Brother !

Login to Me Too

Privateguest
Paypal sucks. They take money out your account super fast then they take five business days to refund money..! Bs...... I'm done using paypal... For good.
Login to Me Too

nmsmith23
New Community Member

Is anyone else dissatisfied with the recent Synchony bank site?  You can no longer go through the Paypal app for anything to do with your credit card, it's cumbersome, and it takes forever.  Really dissapointed and will be disconnecting my credit card for this reason as soon as I can.

Login to Me Too

Munchan
Contributor
Contributor

Totally <removed> by the internal security system and customer service.

I cannot purchase items on Grailed because the security system was "trying to protect my account". I contacted Paypal and they told me to call Customer service to verify my identity. It was super hard for me since I did not have a phone, but finally I managed to borrow one and called Paypal.

Paypal did not ask for the one-time passcode but for the last 4 digits of my card instead, and in the end told me they could not find my account (automated message). I tried many times, same message, even though all the info was correct. 

After that I tried to remove my card so that I could checkout as guest but Paypal did not let me.

Very disappointed!

Login to Me Too

dez69
New Community Member

I dont agree with the fact that any company who will report bad credit wont take the time to report good credit...Other than that ive had good buissness with paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.